Droid 1 stuck in bootloader, won't flash or update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by staratari, Jul 19, 2011.

1. staratari

staratari New Member

Summary: Phone won't get past the bootloader, I've tried flashing .sbf's, update.zip's and updating the baseband with no luck.

Full Story: A couple weeks ago my 100% stock unrooted Droid 1 stopped getting a signal. It over 24 hours so I took it in to Verizon. They tried a factory reset, said it's out of warranty and told me to buy a new phone. How convenient for them, my contract ended in a week.

I decided to squeeze some more life out of it and started using it WiFi only. That lasted about a week until I restarted it and it hasn't been able to get past the bootloader since.

In it's current state it cannot boot Android at all, I only have access to the bootloader and recovery.

The first thing I tried was the Cyanogen Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide, but when I was ADB'ing it became apparent I had bigger issues. Commands like "su", "cp", and "chmod" were returning "not found".

Next I tried to flash a stock .sbf using RSDlite. It hangs at 99% with an error "Phone[0000] BP Pass Through Mode". The only info I could find about that was to try it on 32 bit WinXP, which I did, and it also failed.

So then I tried flashing older and rooted .sbf's since nothing else was working. It had the same "BP pass through mode" errors. One changed my boot animation from the white M logo to a blue skateboarding Android, but that's it.

The only .sbf's that are completing are recovery only. So far I've flashed SPRecovery, ClockworkRecovery and RZRecovery with no issues.

My next step was trying update.zips. signed-voles-FRG22D-Master_OTA.zip came back with the error:
    Code:
    assert failed: sholes.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/1rdl.bin", "/tmp/1bp.img")
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)

Google couldn't find anything useful about that error.

That error message made me think it had something to do with the baseband, so then I tried updating that with C_01.43.01P.zip and another .zip I found of the same version but a different file size. Both returned the same error listed above.

So now I don't know what else I can do. Did my Droid 1 really irreversibly brick itself for no reason?
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

wait so you can boot into recovery?
  3. staratari

staratari New Member

Yes, I can access recovery mode no problem.
  4. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

5. staratari

staratari New Member

I've tried it already, it gave the error I mentioned in OP.
Search tags for this page

bootloader stuck in parsing update

bootloader wont update zip

droid 1 won't boot past bootloader

droid 2 wen in bootloader mode forno reason help

droid 2 won't boot past bootloader

flash stock stuck in bootloader

verizon droid bionic won't boot flash