1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 1 Rooting problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by stepp24, Dec 3, 2010.

1. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

Hey Everyone,
    I cant seem to get to where I want to be with my phone. I've rooted in the past then unrooted to get a replacement then never rerooted. Last night I had to save it from being stuck on the clockwork recovery screen. which was easily fixed thanks to the info I was able to track down on here. After all that I am back to stock with the latest 2.2 update.

Basically I would like to be at the most recent stock 2.2 update but with wifi tethering. If you would be so kind to point me out the right direction.

previously I used easy root but I could not get past 2.1 with wifi. This is what caused the problem I had last night. Trying to load a custom rom and then it would not boot past the recovery screen.

thanks.
  2. tat2junior

tat2junior New Member

check the link in my signature. Thats they way I rooted. Just make sure you pay close attention to the steps as you do them and you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck.
  3. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

thanks for the link. Ill under take that tonight after the family goes to bed.
    Thanks!
  4. stepp24

stepp24 New Member

Just a follow up, it worked great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App