Droid 1 question.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Coots, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Coots

Coots Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I have a friend who has a Droid 1, we rooted it and put on a custom ROM (bugless beast 0.4, I know, old right?). Anyway, he hasn't messed with it since and we were going to slide a new ROM on there today and get him up-to-date on everything.

When we hold down X to boot the phone into recovery, it won't go to it. We are using SPRecovery. It's like it's not even there or something...

Can anyone give me a direction I need to go to help fix the recovery? I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Coots

Coots Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I guess what I'm asking, is there a way to Push SPRecovery via Terminal instead of having to use RDLite and all that again?

3. chained22

chained22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That happend to me and I just used rsd to throw it back on

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    If you are still rooted, download ROM manager from the market and alternate between flashing Clockworkmod recovery and flashing SPRecovery (this is down near the bottom labeled flash alternate recovery). You should flash back and forth between them a few times, ending on the one you want to use, and it should stick.

If you aren't rooted, then the RSDLite method of installing SPRecovery is tried and true, which if you have already setup and used RSDLite before, this should be a relatively painless process.

E2A That isn't the only way to root, but the options available to you depend on the build version of Android and if you have been previously rooted. By that I mean if it was rooted, but lost root, sometimes some of the one click methods still believe the device still has root. The SPRecovery.sbf should work regardless of phone rooted or not, or what build the phone is running, is more what I was getting at.

#4 cupfulloflol, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011