Droid 1 major problem!

Protocol 7

Reaction score
Okay Rescue Squad, here's a REAL challenge for you.

I have a Droid 1 that was originally on CyanogenMod 6 with ClockworkMod. I need to send my phone into warranty, So I used the FRG22D_update.zip (from RS-Files) and installed it as update.zip from ClockworkMod recovery menu.

-This part is extremely hard to describe, I'm sorry-

It updated, now when when I boot, I get stuck on the Droid boot logo (Not the M) BUT I can interact with my phone as if it was working.

For example, I memorized where the unlock slider was, so if I slide on that portion of the screen, it vibrates and clicks as if it was normal. If I hold the power button down, it vibrates like the power menu showed up.

My recovery menu is broken, all I see the is recovery logo with the triangle with a phone. I cannot do anything else with it.

Please help guys, and all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can ou still boot into recovery? If you can try wiping the cache and data.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try letting it sit there without the battery.

what about the bootloader? can you get into that

OP
P

Protocol 7

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of recording a video, one second, I'm uploading it to my site now.

UNC

Reaction score
Bootloader, RSD flash the 2.01 .sbf and just do the OTA when prompted. Easiest way to get back to stock.

OP
P

Protocol 7

Reaction score
Bootloader, RSD flash the 2.01 .sbf and just do the OTA when prompted. Easiest way to get back to stock.

Okay, I booted windows and I ran RSD Lite, used the .sbf file, and it's on 55% now.

Should I do anything else once this finishes?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Okay, I booted windows and I ran RSD Lite, used the .sbf file, and it's on 55% now.

Turn it on and login and wait for the OTA push.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score

Turn it on and login and wait for the OTA push.

Exactly. +1.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Or send it in with 2.01 on it. :icon_ devil: As long as it's stock, just tell them you've refused the updates and did a factory reset to clear your data off it.

But it's better to wait for the OTA push -- or manually install it.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, the earp just has to chime in. And that said, from watching your video, why do you
need to send my phone into warranty ?
It looks like it's working just fine to me.

Although it's probably too late, but I saw several things that stood out to me. First was the file and method you used to
installed it as update.zip from
. That file was not the 'master' FRG22D file so that said; if you really need to return the phone, you should have done a format of /system within the (then working) recovery menu system and then applied the 'master' FRG22D file. If done properly, you would have had a totally stock FRG22D phone and you wouldn't have even had to take the video, IMHO.

But then after looking at your video I also saw another thing glaring at me. You (like me) are not used to the stock recovery system. I personally had to look through my notes to remember how to navigate it; and if I watched you video correctly; so do you.

With the stock recovery system, the power button does nothing, nor does the camera button. BUT when you press and hold the volume up button and then tap on the camera button, you will be in the stock recovery menu system. Then, using the 'd-pad' (with the keyboard slid out) navigate to 'factory data reset', then press the center 'd-pad' button and I will bet that this will get you at least part ways to your end desired solution.

good luck

p.s. I thought you said this was a major challenge . . . . :rofl3: ;)

UNC

Reaction score
Updates dude? Did you get it up and running?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Protocol logged out seven minutes after reporting 55% flash with RSD Lite. Probably fixed and moving on. The rest of us that posted after that (from Guidot's reply on down) just posted to read our own writing, lol.

UNC

Reaction score
Protocol logged out seven minutes after reporting 55% flash with RSD Lite. Probably fixed and moving on. The rest of us that posted after that (from Guidot's reply on down) just posted to read our own writing, lol.

Well, I guess that means he got it working. Good job DF! Another user helped.