droid 1 hangup help

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by themozsh, Jan 31, 2011.

1. themozsh

themozsh New Member

my wife has a droid 1. she has a bad habit of putting the phone to close to her cheek and hanging up on people. Any help or Suggetions would be great

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. longrifle325

longrifle325 New Member

Mylock phone tools. In the market, wife uses it and likes it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I would make sure that she does not have a proximity sensor going bad. The droid is designed to "go to sleep" when in use thus the screen goes black and you are not able to push buttons with your cheek. If you have a proximity sensor going bad then the screen stays on or re-lights up and she is pushing the end button with her cheek. If she does have a proximity button going bad then she can get a replacement from Verizon (if she is still in her one year warranty) or if she has insurance on the phone, put a claim in, pay the deductible (about $90.00) and get a replacement. Since the Droid 1 is not being made anymore Assurion has been replacing them with either the Incredibles, Droid 2, or I have even heard of someone getting the Droid X.

To check the proximity sensor, when she makes a call see if once the call is connected if the screen goes black and/or if it re lights up while on the call.