Droid 1 Gingerbread Data Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Lewis137, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Lewis137

Lewis137 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, I've been searching for this issue for awhile now and haven't found any useful information. When installing ANY gingerbread ROM, I'm unable to even get past the first email login screen when the phone first reboots after a fresh data wipe. My data connection is there, but my phone only sends out data, never receives it. I have to either reboot my phone or toggle my data connection on/off (airplane mode doesnt work) if I want a data connection. It's weird because it only happens with gingerbread, and besides this extremely annoying bug, gingerbread runs flawlessly on my droid 1. Has anyone else experienced this?

*I do not get this problem on ANY Froyo ROM*

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +13
    Probably just because it's a gingerbread rom a lot of the developers have had to make a lot of changes to gb to just get it to work on our d1s so it's not perfect i don't know a ton about gb as i've stayed on froyo because of all of the issues i've heard about gb on the d1 but it's probably just because the gb roms don't like your phone unfortunately. To me i'd rather have a rom that just works and all rather than have the newest which is why i haven't even touched gb but when i get my new phone one that can truely handle it i will mess with gb. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with this because a lot of d1 users really like gb it's just my two cents is all i still think the d1 is best on froyo

3. Lewis137

Lewis137 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I definitely agree, I would much rather be on a Froyo ROM. I've disliked gingerbread on the D1 since the first time I tried it; I just wanted to try and run the latest Simply Stunning and figured I try and find a fix for my connection issues. I'll be running Froyo from now on though, just was curious on if anyone else was experiencing this.

4. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest flashing RzRecovery and wiping everything, including boot and system! See if that helps!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

android gingerbread connection issues