droid 1 freezing up, going blank rebooting

jcaf77

Reaction score
Hello All! I have search the forums trying to find some help and I've done some of the things suggested in the forums like formatting the sd card, I have wiped the memory, reinstalled roms.... right now I am running Ultimate droid 5 but my droid keeps freezing up...

it happens sometimes randomely but essentially it happens when I am sending emails, using wifi, gps...

does this sound like a hardware problem? or any suggestions to get it to work back to normal??

Thank you !! I really enjoy being part of this community!:icon_ banana:

droidman101

Reaction score
Hello All! I have search the forums trying to find some help and I've done some of the things suggested in the forums like formatting the sd card, I have wiped the memory, reinstalled roms.... right now I am running Ultimate droid 5 but my droid keeps freezing up...

it happens sometimes randomely but essentially it happens when I am sending emails, using wifi, gps...

does this sound like a hardware problem? or any suggestions to get it to work back to normal??

Thank you !! I really enjoy being part of this community!:icon_ banana:

Try a different kernel

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like a problem with the rom.

flash a different kernal or rom.

jbg25

Reaction score
What roms have you tried? does it happen with the native kernel?

I was having this problem with CM6RC1, Kangerade 5.09, FroyoFRG01B....I was starting to worry about a hardware problem.

Screen would lock up...then go black...then do a reboot. It would happen when on the phone, playing games, surfing the web, etc.

I uninstalled 2 programs widget locker and switchpro widget. problems solved.

One or both of those apps were doing something that was causing the issue...which sucks cause I used both regularly.

My guess is you have a similar issue. Either one or more apps are not yet Froyo ready and are causing issues.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Welcome to the sad sad world of a Milestone owner..... You didn't flash it with a Milestone ROM by mistake did you? :rofl3: