Droid 1 for life.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gone through about 15 different ROM's and still as happy as I was on day 1 with my OG Droid :D

Personally, I'm happier than I was on day 1. This phone was nice out of the box, but since rooting and romming, and installing custom kernels I could never have a phone that was locked down. I never dreamed I'd have a phone I was this attached to.

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

matt2783

Reaction score
Verizon has yet to "wow" me with any new offerings. Always lackluster specs on the new bits. Then there's the fact that you can get a phone with a real keyboard, or a phone with 4g...but not one with both...lame.

I've accepted that physical keyboards are going the way of the dinosaurs, so now I've got my sights set on the Nexus Prime. Nothing makes me drool quite like a phone with a 720p screen. :hail:

Samsung Stratosphere. Granted, it's no Galaxy Nexus, but if all you want is 4g+ a keyboard, you can get one now for $150

illmatic636

Reaction score
Samsung Stratosphere. Granted, it's no Galaxy Nexus, but if all you want is 4g+ a keyboard, you can get one now for $150

you can get it for free at wirefly.

BTW Droid 1 for Lyfe!!

At least it's life. Once it's done, who knows what will be out.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Have you tried link2sd yet?

I've got everything moved over to the SD card with app2sd except ROM manager. I had not seen Link2SD before, but it looks like it might do the trick for me. I'll have to repartition my SD card, so will try it when I get home. Thanks!!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I've got everything moved over to the SD card with app2sd except ROM manager. I had not seen Link2SD before, but it looks like it might do the trick for me. I'll have to repartition my SD card, so will try it when I get home. Thanks!!

Make sure to back up (copy not cut) your stuff to your computer before partitioning. Goodluck hope it helps.

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Ever since overclockin and liquid smoothin er. I fell in love

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

noisyKricket

Reaction score
Still using my old Droid too. I've got an upgrade available and have been researching newer phones, but I think i'm in the same boat as other here. There is nothing that really blows me away. I bought my wife (who also had a D1) a Droid X and that is pretty cool. I got it rooted and running ChevyNO1's SS 2.1 rom. Think i'm waiting for the Nexus to drop.

ElectroM

Reaction score
Use the "S" word with the Verizon reps...
It works 90% of the time...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Sprint's $69.99 plan is a possibility, but not as good as the Alltel plan I am grandfathered into. A couple of months ago, I dropped Charter and got AT&T's Uverse for home phone, TV and DSL. While I was talking to the AT&T sales person they asked about cell phone service. I told her I had Verizon for my cell phone and wanted to keep it. Since then they have been carpet bombing my ass with offers for cell phone service. My girlfriend has a Motorola Atrix with AT&T. That is why I am not really interested it the Bionic. Unless I am badly mistaken, they are almost the same phone. Also AT&T's signal is not as good as Verizon's where I live.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Sprint's $69.99 plan is a possibility, but not as good as the Alltel plan I am grandfathered into. A couple of months ago, I dropped Charter and got AT&T's Uverse for home phone, TV and DSL. While I was talking to the AT&T sales person they asked about cell phone service. I told her I had Verizon for my cell phone and wanted to keep it. Since then they have been carpet bombing my ass with offers for cell phone service. My girlfriend has a Motorola Atrix with AT&T. That is why I am not really interested it the Bionic. Unless I am badly mistaken, they are almost the same phone. Also AT&T's signal is not as good as Verizon's where I live.

Uggg. Keep your AllTel if you can! I had them for years, but jumped onto the wife's plan right around the merger time thinking they would go away in this area. Only to find out later, our area is one of the ones keeping it due to non-competition and the fact that they deliver home phone/internet to the rural areas around here.
I preferred their customer service to anyone else out there 100 times over. They once wrote off over $200 after an ex slammed me with excessive SMS messages on a limited texting plan - and they took almost no urging to do it - they were happy to help me out. What they lack in the latest phones first, they make up for in dealing with the company.

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Have you tried link2sd yet?

Damn! I can't believe I hadn't heard about this app before!! Thanks for the tip.

I have a 32GB SD card, gave the second partition 2GB, then moved/linked most, but not all, of my apps to the new partition.

WOW! 100MB extra internal memory, and these apps seem to load and run faster - and I can run Netflix and other big apps with no problems. Tweaking things a bit more with the Supercharger script helped a bit more.

It's like I have a new phone. Looks like I'll be keeping the OG Droid for quite a while - don't think I'll need to spend $250 on a Bionic anytime soon. Thanks again!

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Damn! I can't believe I hadn't heard about this app before!! Thanks for the tip.

I have a 32GB SD card, gave the second partition 2GB, then moved/linked most, but not all, of my apps to the new partition.

WOW! 100MB extra internal memory, and these apps seem to load and run faster - and I can run Netflix and other big apps with no problems. Tweaking things a bit more with the Supercharger script helped a bit more.

It's like I have a new phone. Looks like I'll be keeping the OG Droid for quite a while - don't think I'll need to spend $250 on a Bionic anytime soon. Thanks again!

No problem. I keep right around 60 to 80 MB free. Just don't want to keep too much free bc then it becomes wasted space. Glad I could help.