Droid 1 current root method

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by solar, Jan 19, 2011.

1. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all! OK, so I used to have a Droid 1, which I have replaced w/ a D2 and have rooted. The method I used to root my D1 is no longer valid after OS updates.

I would like to be able root my D1 without having to install a pre-rooted custom ROM, since my GF is now using it and I don't want to have to make her reinstal/config everything.

Does anyone know of a good root method that works since the most recent D1 update? Thanks in advance !:)

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
  3. mobile_sensei

mobile_sensei Team Liberty Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mobile Sensei,
    thank you for the respone. Just to calify, these are stock roms, rooted, with Busybox, that will replace the current ROM and require all the settings on the phone to be redone correct?

(the equivelant of using symantec or ghost or something to put a windows image on a PC, right)?

5. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you also CupFull, i'm reading over you links right now....

6. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi CupFull,
    If I skimmed th first article correctly, this method does not overwrite the ROM that exist currently or modifys it? I know sometimes and update.zip method just modifies parts of the OS and other times replaces the current ROM all together.

Also,
    I posted on the second link at XDA to confirm that this will still work for the D1 after the most recent update. THe las port by the author was in november, so i'm not sure.

If you alread know the answer, that would be great, otherwise I'll try to find out. I don't mind doing it the long way myself, I just don't want to overwrite the current ROM on the D1.

thanks guys!;)

7. Droid619

Droid619 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Solar

Hey Solar,

Did you ever find a method that worked? i am in the sme boat as you, so just wondering if you found something that worked?

Aaron

8. heydockyle

heydockyle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just rooted my D1 with superoneclick no problem.

9. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Droid6169, I was just going to mention wha heydockyle recommended. though I haven't tried it yet. HEre is a link I have to an article on it:
    [APP]SuperOneClick v1.6.3 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers

Is this the article you use heydockyle? Or do you have another you can provide for us? Im re-rooting my droid2 after an wipe tonight, but I plan to do the droid1 root this weekend. any info you have to share would be great

Also, droid619 here is another article I was going to use to root, but the superoneclock method sounds appealing. In any case, here is the link forthat one:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

I personally can't recommend either one yet since I haven't done it, but heyockly seems to like the superoneclick.

10. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SuperOneClick onthe XDA site worked great on the droid 1 FRG83D I was using it on. thanks for the heads up on that one.