DROID 1, coolest looking phone?

TheCereal

Reaction score
After motorola started with its "Robot" look, they came out with the coolest looking phone ive ever seen: The OG DROID. Yes, i know that byu todays standards it sucks. But i would like to see a phonee come out today that looks similar and thill has the "robot" feel, (Mainly Droid1, Droid X) those were the coolest phones ever. Not saying my GN doesnt kick butt and it feels great, but there should be more robot phones. Just sayin ;D

Insidious

Reaction score
I agree! I might buy an OG off of eBay just because it looks so sexy! I was going to get it over a D2 a year ago, but that was when I didn't know anything about Android and locked boot loaders.
Sorry, I got excited there :b.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
He might only be my alarm clock now, but he is the best looking clock around and will remain with me as long as his old body will hold out. D1 changed everything. I mainly miss the weight. The new phones should have some lead added so they feel a little more significant.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only did I find it to be a very nice looking phone, my OG Droid was also one of the best BUILT phones i've ever owned. People complained about its weight, but I liked the fact that it contained more metal than plastic.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Agreed! My OG was the best phone I've ever owned. I often reminisce of the times we had together when I see it lying on the desk. It had the best speakerphone of any phone today, not sure why motorola couldn't replicate it in other phones.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed! My OG was the best phone I've ever owned. I often reminisce of the times we had together when I see it lying on the desk. It had the best speakerphone of any phone today, not sure why motorola couldn't replicate it in other phones.

I think the main reason why is that if they did, too many new customers (meaning people not nostalgic for the OG) would complain about the weight. If they coupled all of that metal with a glass screen the size we see today and an acceptably large battery, the device would weigh 7 or 8oz. Of course, I don't consider that heavy at all, so i'd still buy one.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I told my friend his D1 felt like a brick when I first played with it. I find the D2 to be plenty substantial, but honestly the D1 feels unbreakable. You could go to war with the thing. Plus if someone attacks you it works well as a shiruken. Try knocking foes unconscious with a Nexus =P