Droid 1 Boot Logo Generator

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shibbey, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry for being absent sooo long. In my attempts to make versions for the MAC and Ubuntu, I completely corrupted the source code. The backup was deleted at some point as well. This issue and a LOT of personal developments have kept me from further working on the program. I apologize for its imperfections, but at this point I have no intentions of further developing it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck. Sorry to hear, hope everything works out.

It's a shame about your app but we're already better off than DX/D2 users and it's more than adequate to get the job done.

3. DroidJBones

DroidJBones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep getting "Generic Error in GDI+" when trying to open the bitmap I prepared. Can anyone give me some pointers?

4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Google says it's a permissions issue, you need write permissions on the file or directory. Try running the app as admin.

The app modifies the bitmap as necessary.

5. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I tackled the program once again. I managed to salvage most of the code from the prior build.

I have stripped down the program to speed up loading and to minimize file size.

In addition, I have added the DX to the program. I have not tested it, as I do not have a DX to test it on. With that said, I included MotoCache's SBF file to flash the DX back to the original M. I also believe the D2 uses teh exact same RDL3 and HMG files. If so, the DX output will also work for the D2.

As always, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, especially the DX. Please send me any info on the DX results.

6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Fantastic, man. Thanks for giving it another go. Adding dx/d2 support is the feature I think will make the most difference, given the guys in those forums handling requests are still doing it the hard way.

Fish is helping out in the d1 hacks request thread and I'm sure we'll get some use out of it.

Also, just curious, is the d2 global or r2d2 edition capable of using the same file as the dx/d2? I've seen interest in the dx hacks request thread.

#66 djakrse, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  7. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Since I've never had any interest in applying a custom boot logo to a DX or D2, I must ask, is a boot logo-only SBF ok to use on those phones? Does it just replace different files, including the boot.bin?

I know that the logos made in the DX and D2 hacks request threads are using the logoreplacer.zip format as seen in this tutorial, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/92469-step-step-diy-boot-m-logo-pics.html, which can be unzipped and loaded with jrummy's app.

Assuming the SBF made with your app works fine for the DX, I wanted to make one for a friend who has both a D2 and a D2G. I know it should work for the D2, but what about the D2G? Or the R2D2 edition D2?

8. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only phone i can vouche that it works on is the D1. Allp others are "try at your own risk." I have never looked at the SBF file for the D2/R2D2 or the D2G. The hmg and RDL filed is used for the DX are older versions. I may need to change it to a newer version. I am awaiting any results to know for sure.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,904
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    Hey Shibbey, thanks for all your hard work on this. I've been using the heck out of it for a while, as it beats the DIY approach. Thanks again.

10. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I wish I had the money to buy one of those phones and do a load of testing for you. I'm hoping you get some great feedback.

Thanks again for picking this back up and working things out. Can't say enough how much time you've saved me over the past few months. :)

11. Shibbey

Shibbey Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have done a bit of thinking. Originally, flashing the SBF was the only way to change the boot logo on any of the phones. For the DX, jrummy has taken a different approach. I will explore the possibility of adding the option to output the files in a manor usable by his app. I will need time to research his app and how it works before attempting to add this feature to my program.

I am also in the process of talking a friend into letting me use their DX to test my SBF version.

12. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    There's a boot logo tutorial linked as DX/D2 in my sig that has the logochanger.zip if that helps any. I think just being able to output the logo.bin or both (there's 2 in the zip) would be ideal.

Also it'd be cool if the user chooses which format first, then either the D1 or DX (D2 as 3rd options too) image previews around the screen. :)

Also, to install custom boot logos with jrummy's app (those not included in the app's list), the user browses their SD for the logo.bin.

#72 djakrse, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
Search tags for this page
big longhorn logo
boot logo builder apk

boot logo creator apk

boot logo maker apk

logo builder android

logo generator
logobuilder android
longhorn logo
longhorns logo