Droid 1 Batter performance after 14 months

mrvogt

Reaction score
I bought the Droid 1 on the first day it was available in Nov 2009. Now, after 14 months, it seems as if the battery life isn't quite up to snuff, not. I can't decide if it's because I rooted about a month ago and have been using things like SetCPU or if it's just plain old wear and tear on the ability to hold a full charge.

I'm curious what other original Droiders have experienced regarding battery life with an original battery.

Thanks

SgtMike

Reaction score
I've read otherwise but after 14 months, especially if you're a heavy user and charged it more than once per day, Lithium batteries do wear out. I think I've seen claims of about 500 charges. 365 days a year, charge once a day +2 months, do the math and you're probably pretty close to that. I bought a spare battery before a year was up and have been using that with my old one as a backup and haven't had any issues. New motorola OEM batteries go for like ~$6 shipped on amazon.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I've been rooted and overclocked for months. I get about the same battery life as stock. It also depends on the ROM and kernel. What are you running and what are your set CPU profiles?

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1.25Ghz

OP
M

mrvogt

Reaction score
I've been rooted and overclocked for months. I get about the same battery life as stock. It also depends on the ROM and kernel. What are you running and what are your set CPU profiles?

Not doing any custom rom. Just wanted the wireless and wired tether apps mostly. Have SetCPU between 250-800. Use Titanium Backup.

I've done some testing/monitoring of background apps with System Panel, but nothing strange caught my eye in terms of battery drain. The battery still shows as "healthy", but I do suspect it's starting to show its age. Will likely pick up another battery as they are cheap on Amazon (thanks for that tip!)

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Try creating profiles for as the battery dissipated