DRMHD will remain on 4.1.2

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
The Motorola Owners Forum has posted in the software update area that the Droid Razr Maxx HD will remain on 4.1.2. Certainly not the best news for us owners who are not up for a new phone anytime soon.:frown:

JohnFH

Reaction score
I agree with you. It's hard to believe that 4.2.2 wouldn't work on our phones. I do give the new Motorola a little credit for manning up and admitting that they won't provide further software updates.

View attachment 66921

JohnFH

Reaction score
Motorola now says that this was a typo. They have updated the RAZR Maxx HD software area to state that we should watch for info on software updates.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola just posted on their software update page that there is a "Future plan coming soon" for the Razr HD and the Razr Maxx HD. This is very positive news. Thank you Motorola!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. Saw info mentioned in an article. I followed the links to the statement above "Future Plan Coming Soon" and ran right to where I figured I could get up to date info - Here.
Hopefully (it seems like) Good news.
New Plan coming Soon has to mean a new candy bar! I would think.

Can't wait!

pksopp

Reaction score
just got an update - Verizon cloud, some improvements to gps, wireless charging and hdmi connectivity...nothing earth shattering.

OP
kmf1

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I also received the update. There is a new Photos app in the app drawer. Not sure if that is for Google+, or meant to replace the old Gallery app??

SJBBF

Reaction score
I just got the update. Now I keep getting notified if I want the Verizon cloud service and Backup Assistant - both of which I don't need.