DRM Notification

AllForNaught

Reaction score
The long and short: Was taking pictures with my phone. The screen went red, and a "camera failed" message popped up, along with two notifications, listed as DRM notification. Phone froze/locked up, had to remove battery to reboot.

Has anyone else seen this? Or am I just lucky?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Pretty lucky in my book. What say you community?

8pened!

Katnipthief

Reaction score
Taking pics of someone ugly? Is says not to in the user manual.

Sounds like SD card error. Maybe corrupted somehow

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You understand right that you cannot run DRM music/movies on your Fascinate, correct?

Katnipthief

Reaction score
You understand right that you cannot run DRM music/movies on your Fascinate, correct?

This isnt relative to the post... but then its morning, maybe im not awake yet.

DRM doesnt apply to taking pictures

My guess was that its trying to store pics to SD card and its either full or cant write. Confuses the phone and gives DRM error.

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score

That isn't the nature of my post - but please elaborate: Files with DRM protection can't be run? Is that what you're saying? I thought all downloaded material (vcast music/video, etc.) has DRM protection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That isn't the nature of my post - but please elaborate: Files with DRM protection can't be run? Is that what you're saying? I thought all downloaded material (vcast music/video, etc.) has DRM protection.

Sorry if I went off topic. To be honest I'm not feeling great today, but to get to the point yeah, you can't run files that are DRM protected and no, not all files have it anymore. Apple stopped using it a while back, Amazon MP3 is clear. Movies I don't know much about but my understanding is the same rule applies to them.

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Here's something else: the DRM notifications had black email icons with little white checkmarks. I checked both email accounts thinking I had a message, but there were none.

It was the strangest glitch I'd ever seen.

I was actually taking a couple pics (highest res) of my TV screen, with Deadspace 2 running, to send to a friend. Irrelevent, but the phone really freaked out.

Does anyone know if the phone logs notifications somewhere?

Katnipthief

Reaction score
He can't take pics. Giving bogus error message. Read the question again. You sound like India support going on about drm

Katnipthief

Reaction score
My full thought of issue. Take pic. It tries to write to mem or SD. It can't. Either full or corrupted file system. Leaning towards corrupt.which would make more sense for it to report a Drm error that has nothing to do with camera. (It might to media player) . But its a write issue to save the picture you took. Try to change your save location to test

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score
He can't take pics. Giving bogus error message. Read the question again. You sound like India support going on about drm

Actually I can take pics. This seems (hopefully) to be a unique occurance.

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score
My full thought of issue. Take pic. It tries to write to mem or SD. It can't. Either full or corrupted file system. Leaning towards corrupt.which would make more sense for it to report a Drm error that has nothing to do with camera. (It might to media player) . But its a write issue to save the picture you took. Try to change your save location to test

I'm not using the stock Samsung card. It's a class 4 3C pro. I'll try your suggestion - it may indeed be a card issue.

OP
AllForNaught

AllForNaught

Reaction score
aefcd1fc-9f94-c8d1.jpg

For reference this pic is one of the 2 I took when the glitch happened.