DriveSafe.ly work for you?

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded a app that I used on my BB Storm.
Its called DriveSafe.ly which worked well but I cant seem to figure out how to get this to work on my MotoDroid.

Installed and on it does announce my SMS messages received but its not playing the emails that I receive.

I have multiple times tried to get support but they only reply saying download again 24 hours after I contact them.

I entered my POP3 info and tried it with the app setting the port 995 which did not work.
I then changed it to 110 which is the norm for my ISP but still it doesn't work..

Also a few days back I downloaded this app and it announced the caller ID when a call is received.
I now don't see that option in the settings anymore.
Did they build it into the app as a default, or eliminator it?

Did anyone get this to work correctly?

Thanks

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
WOW no one posting?!?!?#?!

Well now 3.5 weeks and counting and still trying to get support past re-download the app form here or there.
So in other terms they aren't addressing my issue which "I" have identified that the Android app doesn't setup the POP3 mail accounts correctly.

I have never worked so hard to try to get a company to support their product so much as I am with this company, "iSpeech", the makers of DriveSafe.ly.

Guess they don't want my $$$

I have tried to setup my POP3 account manually, automatic, any which way but after tapping on Done it seems to setup a IMAP server protocol instead of a POP with is needed.

Anyone notice or know a work around since they aren't saying if its a known issue and or they plan on a fix or support?

It says it does but when I go back in after setting up its changes to IMAP...

Thanks

rmatc4

Reaction score
I use drivesafe.ly...it works ok on some days. I find that if it get killed by Task Killer it deletes my email settings. I also found that after I originally set up the email accounts, they get added again multiple times. I guess the short answer is that I get it to work sometimes, but clearly it is not a reliable program on the Android at the moment. It worked great on my Blackberry.

rmatc4

Reaction score
Drivesafe.ly Problems

I have had similar problems. I use IMAP and get the accounts set up only to have them get deleted by the next morning. I have eliminated having drivesafe.ly in the task killer as well as ignoring settings in task killer. Is there something else that could be getting killed that is hindering it? As you said, this worked great on my blackberry.