drivers will not install on pc. cant sbf because of it

blazehok68

Reaction score
downloaded the sbf file and RSD lite and my pc will not recognize my droid x. called motorolla and they said the driver was only for charging and transfering files to the sd card through my computer. downloaded motohelper 5.0, and still wont recognize phone. i even unrooted the phone and still wont see it. any suggestions?

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
Ok found and downloaded file to make driver work but now when I go to rad lite it wont let me run the flash. It sees my phone, it let's me select the sbf file, but it wont let me hit the start button. Any clue?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try moving the sbf file to your desktop.

Side note, why are u sbfing if your phone works (using the DroidForums app)?

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
try moving the sbf file to your desktop.

Side note, why are u sbfing if your phone works (using the DroidForums app)?

I flashed the wrong version of GB. Am running 573 instead of 596. So img sbfing so I can reflash so eventually I can flash liberty

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help but I was having a similar issue and rsd just would not recognize my phone so I started looking around in the menus. I opened the " config" menu then clicked "deviceid options" and then changed it from automatic to first come first served and that did the trick.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
If running WIndows 7, you need to run RSD ar 'administrator'. To do this, open the folder where RSD is installed to and right click on the program and run as administrator.

I am running RSD 4.9 no issues as long as I do the above.

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help but I was having a similar issue and rsd just would not recognize my phone so I started looking around in the menus. I opened the " config" menu then clicked "deviceid options" and then changed it from automatic to first come first served and that did the trick.

I did that also and it recognized my phone, but now rsd lite will not let me click on the start button to start the flash.

greezy

Reaction score
might be a dumb suggestion but when you see your phone in the list are you selecting it so it shows up in the device propertys box also?

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
might be a dumb suggestion but when you see your phone in the list are you selecting it so it shows up in the device propertys box also?

yes sir. i make sure it is highlighted and the prperties show up on the left hand box.

Reaction score
Another dumb question. Are you sure you're putting your phone into bootloader mode, and not just recovery? It should be black screen with white text, saying something about 30.04 and Battery OK and OK to program

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
Another dumb question. Are you sure you're putting your phone into bootloader mode, and not just recovery? It should be black screen with white text, saying something about 30.04 and Battery OK and OK to program

Yes sir. Hold camera volume and power till the screen flashes the n let go and it goes into boot loader. Ready to.program.

OP
B

blazehok68

Reaction score
ok...downloaded latest version of rsd lite (5.3.1?) and everything went fine. got to the part where it said manually power up phone and it got stuck in a boot loop. pulled usb out, pulled battery and then put it in stock recovery. all went well. now im rerooting and installing gb .596
thanks for all the help.