Driver problems.

sierra117

Reaction score
Hey guys I am back once again. It appears that my computer is having issues recognizing my droid bionic. A month or so ago I installed Motorola device manager and updated my phone to ics. It was able to recognize my phone with a cable i had at hand. Now when I use that same cable my computer won't recognize my device. I uninstalled the device manager and re installed it. When I plug the phone in my computer has a dialog box that pops up saying unknown device has been inserted. I have usb debugging enabled but is there any apps I need to unfreeze? I will be looking into it more in depth but if anybody has any insight I would greatly appreciate it.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I would check out obsidians thread and download those drivers and give them a try. Not sure how often the drivers get updated but its worth a shot. Also make sure you are using a USB port on the back of your computer. The front ones can be temperamental. Give that a try and report back and we will go from there.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

linuxgator

Reaction score
Also, make sure it is in MTP mode for usb connection.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
I tried it and it's not working, still getting the usb device malfunctioned window.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I tried it and it's not working, still getting the usb device malfunctioned window.

You may have to delete drivers on your computer manually and reinstall them. I'm gonna boot up my old computer to see where to go.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
Where can I go to manually uninstall them. I am pretty sure I deleted them off of my c drive and then reinstalled but I could be wrong.