Driod in the Toilet....

Segathree

Reaction score
WOW! First off let me just say this Forum is HUGE! its nice!

I just got my new motorola Droid x from my wife. After she dropped it in the drink:icon_eek:! anyway i took it apart and dried it out completely. It turned back on and works great, well almost. It seems the wifi, blutooth and sd card are not working now. The phone makes calls and works with everything else. Im wondering if anyone has an idea about what it could be? im more concerned about the sd card not working then anything. it seem to be the heart of darn thing. It has a card in it but it tells me there no card. Wifi is great but i can do things 3g just as fast. i would be content with switching the memory to internal but can seem to find anywhere how to do that. I hope someone has an answer out there thanks for reading my post!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You could have a dead card. Try another card and see if it works. If the new card works, try cleaning the contacts on the old card carefully with a dry toothbrush as Motorola phones can be very finicky about SD cards. If the card still refuses to work, replace it. However, if the new card doesn't work...

You're looking at insurance as a replacement.

OP
S

Segathree

Reaction score
I did try a new card. The wife ordered a new droid 3 days later. Its nice to be her! I tried the new card from the new phone and the same thing happens. I was hoping it was the card but no luck. Have you heard of being able to tap into internal memory?

OP
S

Segathree

Reaction score
Well yes its true that i have the 8gigs but how can i switch it to work off the internal memory as far as taking pictures and music? it seems that its just used for apps but thats a waste. Im just wondering if anybody knows how to unlock it for use. Thanks for your quick relpys too! Thats great! I love this phone even when it half works!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
It should default to internal storage if there's no external. If it's not then it's past my pay grade and hopefully someone who knows more about it than I will chime in. :D

OP
S

Segathree

Reaction score
Well that makes sense. I just tried it. No good. it still wants its SD card.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Unfortunately I am out of ideas.

Does the phone have insurance? If so, for $100 you can replace it.

Otherwise there might be something in the settings or even the camera app itself. Someone may know of a ROM or trick to enable internal storage.

luigi90210

Reaction score
the droid x doesnt use the internal storage for normal stuff(IE music and photos) WHICH SUCKS but thats moto for you

qman66

Reaction score
WOW! First off let me just say this Forum is HUGE! its nice!

I just got my new motorola Droid x from my wife. After she dropped it in the drink:icon_eek:! anyway i took it apart and dried it out completely. It turned back on and works great, well almost. It seems the wifi, blutooth and sd card are not working now. The phone makes calls and works with everything else. Im wondering if anyone has an idea about what it could be? im more concerned about the sd card not working then anything. it seem to be the heart of darn thing. It has a card in it but it tells me there no card. Wifi is great but i can do things 3g just as fast. i would be content with switching the memory to internal but can seem to find anywhere how to do that. I hope someone has an answer out there thanks for reading my post!

you can use the internal storage for everything u just have to root your phone. in the /data folder that is where the 8gb is. The only problem is when you are taking pictures/videos you will not be allowed to take pictures. It requires an sd card which sucks. one of the few things i miss about windows mobile. the only thing i can think of is a third party camera app that allows you to store them directly to the internal memory but i do not know of one.