Driod 2 Newb

mrselle916

Reaction score
Good Morning all. My name is Elle. I recently switched from a blackberry tour to a droid 2. I had been a BB user for 3+ years. I have seen a couple of posts about learning a new phone and I am currently "unlearning all that I have learned" and starting over. I was a little disappointed that the phone didn't come with a paper manual. The Help Center on the phone really isn't much help when it comes to actually learning what you need to.

I would love to hear tips and tricks that you might have to offer. Or any must have apps that you would suggest.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on the D2...jump in and enjoy and be sure to check out the Droid 2 sub-forum here!

If you have any questions, just ask - someone will be along to answer them!!

sfisher

Reaction score
Does the Droid have anything like the Messenger App? I really like that feature of the BB.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are the last manual you will ever need - a great community full of knowledge and information and we love to share

:welcome: to D/F

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Does the Droid have anything like the Messenger App? I really like that feature of the BB.

Yes actually - if you are looking for something to cross platform (with BB users or iPhone users) - there is gTalk, Kik, WhatsUp (still in development stages for multi platforms)...everyone who would be communicating would have to have the specific app installed - they will not mesh with BBM as that is part of the BB OS...

OP
mrselle916

mrselle916

Reaction score
We are the last manual you will ever need - a great community full of knowledge and information and we love to share

:welcome: to D/F

Thanks so much! I am currently exploring the droid 2 section.