Drew Garen ROMs?

OP
C

CHP

Reaction score
OTA .340 worked fine for me too. You NEED to start with stock ROM to get this to work properly though. Great ROM though.

khchicago66

Reaction score
Well Hey guys since I am DrewGaren I can help you out a bit. First off I want to thank you for all the kind words that you guys have all said about my roms and my responsiveness back to users. I always try to put a quality of work into my roms, and if some body finds something wrong I usually go about fixing it pretty fast. I like to stay in touch with users and having a smaller community has allowed me to do so though I encouraged as many users out there to try my roms and use them. I update them often my site and communicate a lot through there, email and twitter with users.

As for a little Q and A:

Prethemed Roms: The reason my roms are prethemed is because it gives them more speed from the beginning installation rather then switching files out. However currently I am in the process of making selected themes that will be compatible with my roms and users will be able to download them from my site and install them by themselves. These themes will generally be the themes you see around but mixed up a little and tweaked with some of my theming in them.

What am I working on right now? I have had Gingerbread running, but I started to redo the build and now I'm having trouble so I don't know how long thats going to take. In the mean time someone suggested an Ironman Rom, so I have that coming out soon. I have a HTC Sense rom I'm working on. I'm also working on something super secret that's untitled and hopefully will blow your mind.

Your probably wondering why I don't ever post my rom info on here or other forums?
Well to be honest I'm in Rom Manager, all you have to do is search google for DrewGaren or just one of my roms. I used to post in here all the time but it became a hassle to start checking up daily and almost hourly on whats going on. I have a website designed for users for anything they could possibly need regarding the Droid X and my roms. I'm even starting nook color development and getting on board with the idroid project for ipad.

Last but not least check out my website here Drewgaren.com

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
What's the iDroid project?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well Hey guys since I am DrewGaren I can help you out a bit. First off I want to thank you for all the kind words that you guys have all said about my roms and my responsiveness back to users. I always try to put a quality of work into my roms, and if some body finds something wrong I usually go about fixing it pretty fast. I like to stay in touch with users and having a smaller community has allowed me to do so though I encouraged as many users out there to try my roms and use them. I update them often my site and communicate a lot through there, email and twitter with users.

As for a little Q and A:

Prethemed Roms: The reason my roms are prethemed is because it gives them more speed from the beginning installation rather then switching files out. However currently I am in the process of making selected themes that will be compatible with my roms and users will be able to download them from my site and install them by themselves. These themes will generally be the themes you see around but mixed up a little and tweaked with some of my theming in them.

What am I working on right now? I have had Gingerbread running, but I started to redo the build and now I'm having trouble so I don't know how long thats going to take. In the mean time someone suggested an Ironman Rom, so I have that coming out soon. I have a HTC Sense rom I'm working on. I'm also working on something super secret that's untitled and hopefully will blow your mind.

Your probably wondering why I don't ever post my rom info on here or other forums?
Well to be honest I'm in Rom Manager, all you have to do is search google for DrewGaren or just one of my roms. I used to post in here all the time but it became a hassle to start checking up daily and almost hourly on whats going on. I have a website designed for users for anything they could possibly need regarding the Droid X and my roms. I'm even starting nook color development and getting on board with the idroid project for ipad.

Last but not least check out my website here Drewgaren.com

How exactly would you plan on running an HTC Sense Rom?

Sense requires a special kernel, and RIL re-working.

Curious, is all.

guest0

Reaction score
I used ZapX Bazinga for a while too and had almost no issues. Its a great ROM. Just as an FYI, First series of BigDX Serenity theme works on Bazinga 2.4.

Remember! It the FIRST SERIES OF SERENITY THEME.

Sent from my DROIDX

churchoffaith

Reaction score
Using Lexlite working great very fast and Stable it is a keeper. Is there a unthrottle.zip for Lexlite?
Thanks Drew Great job

khchicago66

Reaction score

Curious, is all.

Drod I'm not running a sense rom, I'm building a rom that appears, functions and acts like a sense device. I have also found some working applications not designed by me that I may possibly use. It is not an exact copy of any HTC Sense device at all it's just as close as I am going to get it. Hope that clears it up for you.

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Curious, is all.

Drod I'm not running a sense rom, I'm building a rom that appears, functions and acts like a sense device. I have also found some working applications not designed by me that I may possibly use. It is not an exact copy of any HTC Sense device at all it's just as close as I am going to get it. Hope that clears it up for you.

Makes much more sense. Sorry, confused me :)

Good luck.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Has anybody tried any of these ROMs from Drew Garen?
LexLite, R2D2 Remix, Kennedy, ZapX Bazinga.

what are your thoughts on them?

lexlite was pretty great, had a bug or two on install but once you mess with it it easily goes into my top three.

churchoffaith

Reaction score
These are great roms been using lexlite for some time now. I try other roms but keep comeing back to Drew Garen roms.