Dre Forgot About Flac

CammyD

Reaction score
I don't like the fact that Beats will only work with the integrated player so far. It only sees my MP3s. Not exactly what producers and musicians have in mind when they make music. Flac files are several times larger, but worth it when I plug in higher end headphones than the iBeats.
For now, it is PowerAmp all the way. Best player I have found, and it supports flac lossless files.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well... You can also try using an .ogg format too.. That's another good lossless format

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Beats Audio is nothing more than a built-in equalization curve designed to emphasize treble and bass. Download PowerAMP. It has 16 different equalizer presents and a ten band graphic equalizer that's completely user adjustable. If you like the Beats Audio sound, I'm sure you can tweak PowerAMP to get the same exact sound, if not better. I just downloaded it myself. This app is amazing!!! This thing has so many settings I feel like a studio sound engineer. Later on down the line you may see Beats Audio integration with other audio players, but if not, no great loss.

https://market.android.com/details?...sult&rdid=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&rdot=1&pli=1

RH

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Beats Audio is nothing more than a built-in equalization curve designed to emphasize treble and bass. Download PowerAMP. It has 16 different equalizer presents and a ten band graphic equalizer that's completely user adjustable. If you like the Beats Audio sound, I'm sure you can tweak PowerAMP to get the same exact sound, if not better. I just downloaded it myself. This app is amazing!!! This thing has so many settings I feel like a studio sound engineer. Later on down the line you may see Beats Audio integration with other audio players, but if not, no great loss.

https://market.android.com/details?...sult&rdid=com.maxmpz.audioplayer&rdot=1&pli=1

RH

I don't believe that Beats is simply an EQ curve,

But it is hard to get any sort of hard facts on exactly what it is.

I do agree that Power Amp is an excellent media player, and soon we'll be able to use Beats with Power Amp. Power Amp's developer has already said that they will integrate Beats support as soon as the API is released.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Not so sure about the beats branded sound on the device. I have two set of beats head phones already. Power AMP should have custom setting to get you close to this sound. Half of the people who bought the phone dont even use the beats branded sound or the earbuds. But they are good earbuds. I'll say that.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
The Beats audio was far from the main reason why I bought this phone, but it does bother me that it's only available through the default player.

The earbuds are OK, better than I expected. I would not have bought them as a separate purchase, and I don't think they can hold a candle to my Etymotics, but not bad when thrown in with the phone. I will say this, they are quite comfortable...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
So....beats could just be an api that uses an equalizer? I'd have thought, with all the branding involved, that it would be some kind of phone offshoot of the audio hardware they put into laptops. Needless to say PowerAMP is so customizeable that it hurts. The ten band eq, the treble and bass adjustment knobs, the DV audio processing option (f***ing awesome!), the limiter, etc.etc. I could go on all day about how awesome poweramp is. Eff off Dre.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I don't believe that's correct.

I believe there is at least some hardware involved, might be I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Problem is that with no hard facts it's all just speculation at this point.

I will say that I like the Beats DSP coupled with the Beats earbuds a lot better than I thought I would...

So....beats could just be an api that uses an equalizer? I'd have thought, with all the branding involved, that it would be some kind of phone offshoot of the audio hardware they put into laptops. Needless to say PowerAMP is so customizeable that it hurts. The ten band eq, the treble and bass adjustment knobs, the DV audio processing option (f***ing awesome!), the limiter, etc.etc. I could go on all day about how awesome poweramp is. Eff off Dre.