Dragon Touch i10X Windows 10 Tablet Review (2016)

Discussion in 'TabletExpress' started by Linus303, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Linus303

Linus303 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S6
    Get this review article from Ryan of Technically Well

Get work done without the high price tag of a Surface tablet. The Dragon Touch i10X tablet gives you a versatile Windows 10 tablet for a lot less.

PROs

• Windows 10: The Dragon Touch i10X tablet comes pre-loaded with the Home edition of Windows 10. The setup process was easy and I was up and running in no time. Windows 10 defaulted to “desktop mode” which is ideal when you have the tablet in the included keyboard case. And the tablet can easily be switched to “tablet mode” in the Action Center for when you’re using it sans keyboard.
    • Keyboard case: The case’s magnetic flaps allow it to fold up and nicely prop up the tablet to a familiar “laptop” angle. The integrated keyboard has a proprietary magnetic connector that holds the tablet in place while allowing you to remove it easy. The keyboard keys are a little more cramp than a traditional computer, but still very usable. The integrated touchpad is also responsive and can be disabled by pressing Fn+Alt. This is usual for when you will be typing for long periods and don’t want your hand to inadvertently move the cursor.
    • Display: The 10 inch display provides ample room for using Windows 10, even in “desktop mode”, although you may find “tablet mode” to be more ideal. The screen is bright and vivid, and the IPS feature means that the display doesn’t look washed out when viewing it at an angle.
    • 64GB of storage: While only about 49GB is available for use out-of-the-box, this still provides ample storage for a handful of applications, as well as your personal documents and photos. You also have the option of using cloud storage, such as the built-in OneDrive, as well as using a Micro SD card to expand the storage.
    • Bluetooth: The integrated Bluetooth allows you to pair it with a Bluetooth mouse or a Bluetooth speaker.
    • Full-sized USB port: You can easily attached a flash drive without needing to use an OTG adapter (although, one is included for the Micro USB port)
    CONs

• 2GB of RAM: Many consider this to be the minimum for Windows 10 (well, technically 1GB is the minimum for Windows 10 32-bit). However, the tablet can handle running multiple programs at once, but you may notice increased slowness or hesitations when switching between applications. If you tend to focus on 1 application at a time and close out your applications when you’re done with them, then this may not be an issue for you.
    • Speakers: Sound quality from the built-in speakers is low and tinny, but you connect headphone or pair the tablet with a Bluetooth speaker if you plan to play music and stream Pandora.
    • Cameras: The built-in cameras are not the best quality and require a lot of light for decent pictures. But they are functional for a quick Skype call.
    • Special charger: The tablet comes with an uncommon charger with a barrel connector. You’ll want to keep track of this and not lose it. However, I did find that the Micro USB port can be used to charge the tablet if needed, although it may not be as fast as the supplied charger.
    Overall, the Dragon Touch i10X is a functional tablet and is ideal for students and business professionals alike. The included keyboard case gives you a laptop-like experience and makes working on documents convenient. And the tablet provides plenty of connectivity options such as a Mini HDMI output, a full-sized USB port, and integrated Bluetooth.

Check out the Dragon Touch i10X on Amazon

Also check out Tablet Express’ website for additional details

2. Linus303

Linus303 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S6
    Get this review article from Macsources

M1.jpg

Nice tablet computing option for working remotely.
    During my personal time, I use a MacBook Pro as my main computer. During work hours, I have to use a Windows machine. While am allowed to bring my Lenovo laptop home to work when I have to, it is a little much to lug back and forth every single night. I do my best working through Office 365 on my Mac, but there are just some things I can’t do with it. My client uses PPT a lot and as good as the Mac version has gotten, there are still a lot of compatibility issues between the two versions. One wonderful solution for me has been to use my Windows 10 tablet from Dragon Touch.

The Dragon Touch i10X 10.1 inch Windows 10 Tablet is a very sturdy, capable machine. I typically wouldn’t describe a tablet as a ‘machine’, but this is a very heart device and there is no other way to describe it. The tablet boasts an impressive 64GB of internal memory with the option to expand that using a Micro SD card. It has dual cameras (2.0MP front-facing, 5.0MP rear), but honestly, this tablet is meant as a working computer – not to use as a camera. In addition to the Micro USB charging port, the Dragon Touch i10X also has a Mini HDMI port and standard USB port for connectivity. It uses Bluetooth 4.0 as a wireless option for connecting to other Bluetooth devices. The tablet runs the full version of Windows 10, which is pretty impressive. The processor is an Intel BayTrail Quad Core CPU, which makes it ideal to handle most computing tasks.

M2.jpg

PORTABILITY
    One of the first things I look at with tablets is portability. Some are bulky and not easy to carry around – even though that’s what they are made for. This Dragon Touch tablet wins points with me for being easy to transport. It comes with a keyboard case that wraps around the tablet very well. Not only does the case serve as a way to convert the tablet into a working laptop, but it also keeps it safe. Because Dragon Touch provides this case, you can easily toss the tablet into a bag or carry it from place to place without worrying about damage happening to it.

KEYBOARD CASE
    As I just mentioned, the tablet comes packaged with a keyboard case and I would be remiss if I didn’t dedicate a small section of this review just to it. The keyboard itself is a full-size keyboard (minus the number pad). It’s one of the most responsive keyboards I’ve used with a tablet. The keyboard actually attaches to the tablet through a ‘smart connection’ similar to what you see on an iPad Pro. Therefore, it’s got a direct line to the tablet rather than a Bluetooth connection that might disconnect or be competing with other devices that are trying to connect. One of the other features of the keyboard that makes this tablet exceptional is the trackpad with left/right mouse buttons. It’s a fully functional mouse/trackpad and that’s a huge plus for me and my situation. As a special note, I actually typed this entire review using the Dragon Touch’s keyboard.

M3.jpg

The case part of the keyboard is a simple magnetic closure-based case. The backing has a special angle stand that you can engage just by pinching the sides together. It’s a very capable stand on solid surfaces, but in your lap, it falls just a little short. The backing isn’t quite rigid enough to hold the tablet up on softer surfaces.

M4.jpg

SCREEN RESOLUTION
    Before the Dragon Touch tablet, the iPad Air 2 with Retina display was my primary tablet. It has a gorgeous display that has a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels. I’ve been incredibly impressed with the Dragon Touch’s display as it shows off text very nicely. Images are crisp and clear and colors show up very rich. Now, thistablet’s screen resolution is HD resolution at 1280×800, which is not as great as the iPad Air 2, but I end up using the Dragon Touch for more utility actions like email and PowerPoint instead of graphic intensive work.

TOUCH SCREEN
    Perhaps one of the most popular features of the tablet is the touch screen. First of all, it’s very responsive. I’ve tried out a lot of ‘budget’ tablets and their responsiveness is sometimes lacking. Dragon Touch is certainly in a different class altogether. The screen is incredibly responsive and registers taps quite easily. I truly love the flexibility that the Dragon Touch affords me by switching back and forth between touch-screen tablet and keyboard/mouse-driven laptop. The only problem I end up having is when I actually use my laptop – I end up thinking it’s a touch screen, too!

CONCLUSIONS
    I feel that the Dragon Touch i10X 10.1 inch Windows 10 Tablet is a wonderful option for working remotely. It’s certainly saved me a lot of back aches from lugging that much heavier laptop computer back and forth. It’s very sturdy and works exceptionally well. I continue to be impressed with its overall functionality and the flexibility it provides me for working from home. There have only been a few times that I’ve had issues with it running smoothly, but it’s mainly been due to user error. The Dragon Touch i10X is an affordable option for portable computing power.

For more information, visit tabletexpress.com/dragon-touch-i10x.
    Find Tablet Express on Facebook and Twitter.

3. Linus303

Linus303 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S6
    Get this review article from dpntech

Today I am going to review a tablet from a company called Tablet Express which is a U.S.-based tablet manufacturer and distributor. They make best-selling budget tablets on Amazon located Rockville, MD. Tablet Express has one goal and that is to provide a high-quality product with a reasonable price. Dragon Touch®, AKASO®, KingPad® and Tabsuit® are their sub-brand, which already have very good reputation.

Info:

Product Name: Tablet Express Dragon Touch i10X 10.1 inch 64 GB Windows 10 Tablet 2-in-1 Notebook

Buy from (Amazon US) Tablet Express

Provider: Tablet Express

The Review:

The packaging, is a box which shows the windows tablet,icons for intel and Microsoft and with some features on the back

[​IMG]

This Tablet does have an identifying mark on it which is the Dragon Touch logo on the back of the tablet where the dual speaker and back camera are This tablet offers the some of the many features as other 10 inch Windows tablets on amazon have in my opinion but at more of an affordable cost…

[​IMG]

The tablet does come with an Instruction manual which tells you how to use certain features of this tablet a must read if you’ve never used a windows tablet as this booklet is well written and does show you how to first set up this tablet/laptop but one thing that is different from one tablet I reviewed in the past is that it comes pre registered so no worries about writing in LONG codes, Next there is a Micro USB cable for transferring data I didn’t use this since I’ve got my stash of data cables but it’s nice they give you this and of course a DC Plug to charge the tablet now unlike some tablets this one doesn’t need a OTG cable (but one is provided if you do need it) the tablet features one usb port but you can always use a usb hub (I recommend at least a 4 port hub) to get more ports for using an external hard drive or even your own wireless mouse

Another cool thing about this tablet is you get a keyboard case and still a bit different in design/material then the Windows tablet from the windows store or one of my last windows tablets from before but it’s still a dock stand keyboard case once you dock your tablet onto the case you are free to use the keyboard and mouse and it reminds me of a small netbook but even thinner. This case still helps to keep the windows tablet protected from drops but some other cases you could use are the Cygnett Nano Grip or Proporta Frankie. Like I said the keyboard isn’t bluetooth but that’s not a problem you could always use a larger wireless (or corded?) desktop keyboard with bluetooth/usb dongle wireless if you wanted since the tablet can accept a USB hub for flash drives,mouse and bigger keyboards There is a port for a micro sd card (not included) but I do recommend getting one so you can have some extra always there storage for your photos or other data

Conclusion:

So yes the tablet is inexpensive , but is it even worth it? I would say yes if you have looked for a windows tablet or small netbook laptop for your kids for school or maybe you want a small netbook/tablet for work or at home and you don’t want to break the bank to get a Nexus,iPad, OEM Windows tablet from the Microsoft store. I rate this tablet at very good speed then my netbook or my 7inch Windows tablet it’s double the ram (2gigs) it’s handled a lot I’ve thrown at it still do and I was surprised it doesn’t warm up as much or get very sluggish like some smaller Windows Tablets I’ve reviewed. This Tablet Express Dragon Touch 10 inch windows tablet is also built better and feels like a quality tablet like my iPad. This tablet is very well made BUT…… I did notice the battery life could have been better but when I looked at my Toshiba netbook it was about the same it’s still a star in my book

4. Linus303

Linus303 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S6
    Get this review article from Tabletexpress official blog.

In the recent era of technology, there is a laptop or tablet and certainly the inevitable phone. However, in most instances, individuals require all the three electronics for productivity purposes. Accordingly, tablets and phone screens are smaller in terms of accomplishing realm tasks. In addition, the virtual keyboard takes up half of the machines capacity and whatever is left is a tiny space for viewing and typing.

Most organizations or individuals find this to be quite challenging. The primary goal is comfort and portability without compromising on productivity. Currently, there is the Tablet Express Dragon Touch i10X Tablet. The Dragon Touch i10X tablet is one of the major contributions of Windows 10. The gadget is a fully-fledged version of Windows 10, and it incorporates a free year of Office 365 including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.

Accordingly, this gadget provides various capabilities of a full laptop computer. It is a convertible tablet that incorporates a two-in-one solution. The assertion below presents the review of the Dragon Touch i10X tablet.

[​IMG]

Product Description

Two-in-one convertible laptop and tablet

The Dragon Touch i10X tablet comes with a detachable keyboard that makes it easy to convert the electronic device from a tablet into a laptop. In addition, the keyboard cover provides support to the device to providing a greater viewing angle. This aspect is a must have for diversified high-tech users who needs the tablet for business purposes.

Intel Bay Trail Quad Core Electronic Processor

A reliable Intel Quad Core CPU means that the device can run its processes four times the speed of universally standard single core CPU processors. More, it maintains its power efficiency.

Windows 10

The tablet comes with the Microsoft ft Windows 10 OS. The Windows 10 OS presents the Windows world to the users. More, it incorporates the windows store that provides various applications.

10.1-inch laptop screen

The machine features a 10.1-inch IPS display that incorporates 1280×800 screen resolution that delivers a wider angle of view. In addition, it presents all-around clear and vivid screen contents. Any user gets a clear view from every angle and its decent screen makes the display more cool. This screen is also safe and wont easily crack in case of any mishandling. Its a medium screen that makes the laptop more efficient.

Additional features

The device comes with free Microsoft Office 365 that incorporates Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. It also features the Micro SD card slot as well as the USB Bluetooth 4.0 app. All these aspects present the multiple ways through which it can be connected to improve its functionality. More, it also comes with a G-sensor, 64 GB and 2GB RAM that enables it to perform several tasks simultaneously as well as to store multiple files.

[​IMG]

Specifications

· Intel BayTrail Quad Core processor

· Microsoft Windows 10

· 10.1-inch screen with up to 1280×800 resolutions

· 2GB RAM and 64 GB memory

· Wireless HDMI, Bluetooth

· G-sensor

Pros of the Dragon Touch i10X Tablet tech

The machines processor that incorporates the reliable Intel Quad Core that provides the user with a powerful tablet. Its 4 cores with speeds of up to 1.33GHz give the users an accelerated performance to making the machine appear responsive. Users get to enjoy the minimal lag that comes with the gadget. In addition, one gets to enjoy the smooth launch of apps.

Accordingly, its 2GB RAM also helps to enhance its performance. Overall, the larger the RAM, the faster and the more the machine can load multiple applications simultaneously. In most cases, the 2GB RAM is top-notch for various tablets. By using this device, the users get to enjoy its high-tech ability to switch swiftly between apps.

The machines 6GB storage translates to the number of documents, files, music and apps that the user gets to store directly into the machine. In the case of various business individuals with huge files, the gadget comes with an extra Micro SD memory slot that can hold up to a maximum of 32GB. Its 10.1 IPS display is comprehensive for most users. This is because the display incorporates sharp and crisp on screen messages with rich colors. These aspects make the screen viewable either from an angle or from the side.

The tablet’s Windows 10 operating system offers the user with the experience of a classical Window that allows them to run multiple programs including the Microsoft Office. More, the users get to enjoy its one-year full subscription to the Microsoft Office 365 which offers the Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs.

Using the Windows on the Dragon Touch i10X tablet provides an experience of unmatched expectations. Typing using the Dragon Touch i10X tablet has ever been easy. The tablet’s keyboard cover makes typing of documents quite simple and natural.

In addition, users don’t have to worry about carrying the keyboard around as it automatically connects to the tablet via a magnetic closure. More, its case can be propped up to adjust the screen for a comfortable view. The thickness and weight of the tablet allow for portability. Even with the incorporated keyboard case, users still finds it easy to carry it around as compared to a laptop.

More, its two powerful cameras allow users to make Skype calls while on businesses well as to take photos. Its pre-applied screen protectors are a relief for most users who particularly finds this quite challenging. In addition, the tabs great battery durability allows the machine to run for up to eight hours of video play.

[​IMG]

Cons of the Dragon Touch i10X tablet tech

Similar to other electronics, this tablet comes with a Micro USB port. However, the USB port doesn’t support charging functions. Users cannot use this port for charging purposes. Instead, they get to use the additional 2.5mm barrel charger that comes with the machine.

Even though the tablet comes with two speakers that are situated at the back, its sound quality is way below top-notch. Most users who prefer listening to music or watching movies may be forced to use headphones or external speakers for quality sounds.

Final Verdict

Generally, unlike other electronics of similar niche, the performance of the Dragon Touch i10X tablet is responsive to both swipe and touch. Despite its limitations, it has form significant aspects for entertainment and reading and connections for great business productivity.

[​IMG]

#4 Linus303, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  5. Linus303

Linus303 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung S6
    Get this review article from Alex of Techaeris

BUY FROM AMAZON
    BUY FROM TABLET EXPRESS

[​IMG]

We’re very aware that not everyone who reads Techaeris is working within the same budget or needs parameters. This is why we try and bring a variety of reviews on products from all sorts of budget tiers. The Dragon Touch i10X is a cheap yet solid Windows 10 tablet and this is the full review.

DRAGON TOUCH I10X SPECIFICATIONS
    • Screen Size 10.1 inches
    • Max Screen Resolution 1280×800
    • Processor Intel Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
    • 2 GB RAM SDRAM DDR3 – 64GB SSD
    • Wireless Type 802.11bgn, Bluetooth
    • Average Battery Life (in hours) 6 hours
    • Dual Camera, 2.0MP+5.0MP
    WHAT’S IN THE BOX
    • Dragon Touch Tablet
    • AC Adapter
    • USB Cable
    • User Manual
    [​IMG]

DESIGN
    The Dragon Touch i10X design isn’t anything groundbreaking in the least. A simple tablet slab that looks very much like other Windows and Android tablets on the market. The front of the tablet houses the 10.1 inch IPS display with a 1280×800 resolution. There’s also the front facing 2.0MP camera and the Windows logo on the bottom bezel. Moving around the back you’ll find the rear 5.0MP camera and two speakers along the right and left bottom edge of the back.

The top side of the Dragon Touch i10X is where you’ll find the power and volume rocker. The left side of the i10X is where all your ports are. Here we have the microSD slot for expandable storage, microUSB port, mini HDMI port, USB 2.0 port, DC in and headphone jack. The bottom of the Dragon Touch i10X houses a rescessed five pin connector for the included keyboard/case. The included keyboard/case is well made and sturdy. The case provides really good protection for the tablet and folds over to support the tablet when using the keyboard. The keyboard is almost full size. The keys are squeezed in, but it is comfortable to type on.

The tablet and keyboard are both made from plastics and glass, but it doesn’t feel horribly cheap. This isn’t a Surface Pro 3 we’re dealing with here, so don’t expect the same quality at this price point. Overall the design of the Dragon Touch i10X tows the same line as other Windows tablets.

[​IMG]

DISPLAY
    The Dragon Touch i10X IPS 1280×800 display was actually a pleasant surprise here. I was expecting to be disappointed, but the display is actually very rich and nice to look at. While it’s not 1080p, it is 720p HD, and on this size display it works. Colors are accurate here, no oversaturation and blacks are acceptable. Watching movies and YouTube videos was nice and everything looked great. The touch response was accurate and scrolling was smooth and lag free. Dragon Touch even includes a screen protector pre-installed which I thought was a nice touch. For the price a 720 HD display is not only justified but it works well here and it looks good.

SOFTWARE/ECOSYSTEM
    The Dragon Touch i10X is running Windows 10 Home edition, and it works smoothly here. Windows 10 is one of Microsoft’s best software releases to date and it’s solid on the Dragon Touch i10X.

PERFORMANCE
    With an Intel Atom processor and 2GB of RAM don’t expect to be running any heavy programs here. This is your basic browsing, Office and movie watching tablet. This isn’t a business workhorse or creative machine, and it doesn’t pretend to be. The included storage capacity is 64GB, less than that since Windows is taking up space, but you have the microSD slot, and you can expand your storage with that. That being said, the Intel Atom and 2GB of RAM do an excellent job of pulling this machine along just fine, as long as you don’t throw any heavy desktop programs at it and stick to basic computer tasks and entertainment.

[​IMG]

SPEAKERS/SOUND
    The speakers on the Dragon Touch i10X aren’t horrible but far from perfect. They’re very tinny sounding with very little bass and mids. At this price tier though, I wasn’t expecting iPad Pro sound. That being said, there is a headphone jack, and I recommend you use it.

CAMERA
    First, no one should take pictures with a tablet…no one. But since there are cameras on this thing let’s briefly talk about them. The front facing 2.0MP camera is pretty grainy and doesn’t work well in low light at all. If you’re going to use it for Skype it will work well but make sure you have some light in the room. The rear 5.0MP camera is also weak in low light with a lot of grain. It does better in sunlight and well lit areas but seriously, use your phone for pictures.

BATTERY LIFE
    Battery life is decent. I was able to pull almost 8 hours of use out and standby is good too. Dragon Touch advertises 8 hours of video playback which I didn’t test but it might be possible.

[​IMG]

PRICE/VALUE
    $219.99 is a fair price for what you’re getting here. I think the $199 price point would have been the sweet spot but the price it’s at is fair.

WRAP UP
    If you’re looking for a Windows tablet PC this is certainly a solid choice. The screen is nice for 720p, Windows 1o Home runs solid on this tablet and it’s great for basic computing, browsing and media consumption.

NAILED IT
    Well built, nice keyboard and trackpad, great for basic computing, browsing and office work.

NEEDS WORK
    Not powerful enough for heavy apps such as video and photo editing. Speakers are weak.

BOTTOM LINE
    For just over $200 you're getting a full Windows 10 machine that's compact and has some nice features.

3.jpg

BUY FROM AMAZON
    BUY FROM TABLET EXPRESS