Dr. Dre Beats Headphones and Droids

BrianV80

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if any was able to successfully use one of the headphone apps paired with your Beats headset and still have the functionality of the iControl remote attached to the headset cord. I recently was given a pair of Beats Studios and would love to be able to control volume, skip songs etc. with the remote but I'm having no luck. Currently I have a Droid X but I'm soon upgrading to the GAlaxy S3. I have messed around with the features in PowerAmp but I can't seem to get anything to work right with the button presses. Thanks.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I have the Beats that came with my Rezound and PowerAmp works great with them. All the controls work fine. I just went into the setting and checked the option for headset buttons. But based on what you wrote it sounds like you did the same. I guess the difference is that my phone was designed to work with them. That might be your issue. I never tried any other player with them. I never needed to. PowerAmp took my phone and these Beats to a new level.

OP
B

BrianV80

Reaction score
I have the Beats that came with my Rezound and PowerAmp works great with them. All the controls work fine. I just went into the setting and checked the option for headset buttons. But based on what you wrote it sounds like you did the same. I guess the difference is that my phone was designed to work with them. That might be your issue. I never tried any other player with them. I never needed to. PowerAmp took my phone and these Beats to a new level.

Thanks for the info....yeah that is kinda what I'm thinking.....I just wish I could get the inline controls working....especially for the volume. Agreed poweramp is solid.