DPro unroot w/z4root

jwnic

Reaction score
I rooted my wife's Droid Pro a while back, now she's having some probs and wants to take it back to Verizon.. I used z4root to root it, so just now I clicked 'unroot', it says 'root should be successfully removed.' Is there a way to tell if it has indeed been successful?
Also, what other steps should I take to 'clear' her phone so Verizon doesn't have a conniption fit about it being rooted?

Thanks for the help!

jwnic

google123

Reaction score
I think easiest way is to check for the SuperUser icon in your apps screen. If its not there then its no longer rooted. Also try to run an app that requires root to double check. What problems is she having with it? Maybe there is something that we can help you with here.

OP
J

jwnic

Reaction score
Preciate it... Superuser is gone.. I already uninstalled the ROM Manager before I unrooted.. :D She hadn't really done anything with it (as far as roms or themes).. she'd mainly wanted to see if it would improve her batt life.

As far as what's wrong with the phone -- she says it seems to be taking on a life of it's own! :D For example, she'll open up the apps list, not touch anything, and it will close by itself. Mostly things like that.. (open an app, then it closes). Almost like the back button or home button is 'stuck' (don't know how that would be possible, but anyway)!

Thanks for the reply!

jwnic

Disasterjerry

Reaction score
google123, Can you help me out? I have a droid pro. I need to unroot it. But every time I go to the z4root app and click unroot, it won't unroot. Superuser permissions won't get off my phone. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.

Patcher

Reaction score
In the same boat here - rooted my sister's Droid Pro, she's having issues (I don't know what she's done to this thing but it lags like crazy when you do anything), and I want to unroot it so it can become Verizon's problem, not mine.

I go into z4root, it gives me the option to unroot, I click that, and a minute or so later it pops back in to the app drawer without having done anything. Attempts to restart the app result in it FCing, rebooting the phone and trying it again does nothing.

Any idea? Help is greatly appreciated!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
In the same boat here - rooted my sister's Droid Pro, she's having issues (I don't know what she's done to this thing but it lags like crazy when you do anything), and I want to unroot it so it can become Verizon's problem, not mine.

I go into z4root, it gives me the option to unroot, I click that, and a minute or so later it pops back in to the app drawer without having done anything. Attempts to restart the app result in it FCing, rebooting the phone and trying it again does nothing.

Any idea? Help is greatly appreciated!

I'm going to guess, based upon the same issue that a lot of people had, that the last Froyo update was installed while the phone was rooted. If that's the case, it put the phone in an in between root and unrooted state that won't allow it to fully go in either direction. If that's the case, you'll have to flash the SBF:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

This will reflash the phone to it's original factory state (except it doesn't perform a factory reset of all of the personal data on the phone). This is basically how the software was originally placed on the phone and how Verizon/Motorola would recover a seemingly "bricked" device.

Patcher

Reaction score
Clutch. Thanks so much. I'll just do that... I hate fiddling with other people's phones, and this is why. If this where my X I'd be on top of things like that, but I keep up with Pro stuff every time... well, never.

Thanks for the tip!