DP suddenly announces who is calling??

Pauliewalnutted

Reaction score
When I get a call, starting earlier today, it will repeatedly announce who is calling? What is this and how do I stop it.?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Look under Settings / Call Settings / Caller ID Readout. There should be three choices: Ring Only, Caller ID then Ring, Caller ID Repeat. Most likely you've somehow got it set to Caller ID Repeat.

I'm on a Droid X, so the location and labels might be a bit different.

blackbushido

Reaction score
DP suddenly announces who is calling

Hey, if I were to root my dx, would I still be able to keep that setting where it announces who's calling and if not, what would I need to root in order to keep it?? And will it go through bluetooth headset?? My apologies, for so many questions. But I've been looking for a phone between dx and dc and not that someone has finally stated that the dx has the setting, I'm all over it like a fat kid on cake!!! Thank you for your timely response!!dancedroid

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hey, if I were to root my dx, would I still be able to keep that setting where it announces who's calling and if not, what would I need to root in order to keep it?? And will it go through bluetooth headset?? My apologies, for so many questions. But I've been looking for a phone between dx and dc and not that someone has finally stated that the dx has the setting, I'm all over it like a fat kid on cake!!! Thank you for your timely response!!dancedroid

Simply having root access doesn't remove any settings from your phone. I'm pretty sure the X has this feature (I believe I remember it when I had the phone).

But this is the Droid Pro forum, so you'd probably be better off asking specifically in the Droid X forum though - Droid X General Discussions