Downloads Paused and Won't Restart

alance86

Reaction score
This may be a very easy fix, tried to search but couldn't find much. Problem started when I tried to download an app, and it said download paused. Everytime I went back to the app, it said it was downloaded but needed to be installed. When I try to install it says the download is paused. Because I don't have it yet I can't delete it, but because the download started I can't restart. I was hoping it was just that app so I played around and now have 11 apps waiting in que, and not one will download. What do I do? (sorry if this is a really dumb question im new to smartphones.)

OP
A

alance86

Reaction score
Have not, still has the downloads queued in the drop down ongoing tasks bar. When I select the downloads, it takes me to my apps where the apps i want to download are listed as free, and every time I clicked on it to install, it said the download is paused and wont process. I have tried to turn the phone off, that didn't work, and since I can't uninstall the apps or download, they are stuck halfway in between. Would appreciate any help.

powtow

Reaction score
similar case happened to me several weeks ago..i went to task manager and stopped a download manager service (i forgot the exact service name), but the paused download still exist, then i reboot and everything went normal...haven't try downloading the same app again though..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
A

alance86

Reaction score
As I said this is my first smart phone, so I have no idea if I am rooted or not, I got the phone about a week ago, and the only thing I have done is just download apps. I will try the factory reset, but is there a solution to this problem so if it happens again I don't have to wipe my phone clean? I mean there has to be a way to delete downloads right?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This happened to me the other night. I was playing around in the Battery and Data Manager in settings.

In Data saver, check that you don't have "Enable data saver" on. In Data delivery verify that you have "Background data" and "Data enabled" checked.
Don't know if this will help, but I had the exact symptoms.
I was trying to save some battery, I had my phone locked down unless it was connected on WiFi.
Updates would start but not finish.

Also have you tried WiFi as well as 3G?

Last edited:
OP
A

alance86

Reaction score
Thanks so much JohnnytheK, I did have the data saver enabled, as soon as I took that off the downloads started flying through, thanks again for your help.