Downloading wont stop...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by SSHGuru, Nov 28, 2009.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I tried to download something and it failed.(an attempt to download a movie on the droid from this site). I cleared the notifications area and it keeps coming back saying that the download failed over and over.

I don't know if it keeps trying or the message just keeps popping back up.

How can I clear this up?

2. silverx10

silverx10 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually had a similar issue with i Music. Tried to download an mp3 and it failed, leaving the progress bar in the notifications area. The only way that I was able to clear the issue was to force stop the i Music software. Even after this, however, that same download was stuck in the queue, permanently failed each time that I ran the app. The only remaining option I had to me was to reinstall the app, which worked like a charm.

But I assume you've gone and exhausted all possible options? Closing all running processes, shutting off the phone and turning it back on, pulling the battery?

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I've used Advanced Task Killer and killed all the apps. I've turned off and on - and I've done multiple battery pulls.

Unlike Imusic this isn't an app... it was just me trying to download a movie from a megadownload link. I figured out after I started it that doing it by PC and moving the movie was smarter.

I don't think it ever was able to start downloading the file. But now it's stuck in this loop of saying failed over and over.

4. mm74md

mm74md New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is an old thread, but I just figured out the resolution. In the browser select MORE then DOWNLOADS then CANCEL ALL DOWNLOADS. That simple.

Search tags for this page
how do you stop a download on android
how to kill a download on android

how to stop a music download on android

how to stop a song from downloading
how to stop android download attempt
how to stop downloads on droid

how to stop music downloads on android

how to stop something from downloading
kill download android
mp3 wont stop downloading android