Downloading voicemails

pattflem

Reaction score
So I have a harassment issue going and need to try to document as much as possible. I have a couple saved voicemails that I want to backup just in case something happens to my phone. I'm not incredibly tech savvy , anybody know how to download voicemails to my computer?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
If your using the VZW voicemail system, I dont think it is possible. However with google voice, it is super easy. You might be able to call VZW and ask them if they can some how save them for you. Maybe they can burn it to a CD or send you an MP3 perhaps.

OP
P

pattflem

Reaction score
So as far as you know there's no way to hook the phone up to my computer using the usb cable and capturing the voicemails.
As for what service im using its whatever is factory on this phone thru verizon, the phone is bone stock no modifications.

jojoferari

Reaction score
I do this all the time with messages my drunk friends leave for me. Just plug your phone headphone jack into your computer mic port using an eighth-inch audio cable (found with most car stereos now or at radio shack) then press record on any computer audio recorder and then call and listen to your voicemail. Let me know if you need more help.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You might be able to call VZW and ask them if they can some how save them for you. Maybe they can burn it to a CD or send you an MP3 perhaps.

Not without a court order....

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Just plug your phone headphone jack into your computer mic port using an eighth-inch audio cable (found with most car stereos now or at radio shack)

If your referring to the jack size its 1/8 inches, but yeah I would go to radioshack for it.

jojoferari

Reaction score
What else would I have been referring to, a cable that was an eighth of an inch long?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
What else would I have been referring to, a cable that was an eighth of an inch long?

Sorry I didnt see the h on there, thought you said eight. Thats what I get for typing with a lack of sleep. :p

Reaction score

Well... TECHNICALLY speaking, it's actually a 3.5mm jack. Which is slightly bigger than 1/8 inch. Hence the possible confusion.

jojoferari

Reaction score
You're right, but if he would have said that I would have understood the confusion; you know that we are too stubborn to adopt the metric system in the US! LOL!

Reaction score
You're right, but if he would have said that I would have understood the confusion; you know that we are too stubborn to adopt the metric system in the US! LOL!

I know, right? God forbid we use something that makes sense, like a base 10 system haha.

djstarion

Reaction score
I don't know about standard voicemail, but if you have visual voicemail it lets you archive to the SD card

silverfang77

Reaction score
YouMail will send your voice mail to your phone as a file attachment.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
YouMail will send your voice mail to your phone as a file attachment.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk
But only on new voice mails, same applys to google voice but I love google voice more. Tried YouMail before and it wasnt bad I just prefer GV.