Downloading pictures

Sarahk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
I have a Galaxy S3 and I am having a problem when trying to download my pictures to my computer. When I plug in my phone every image I have looked at on my phone downloads on my computer. This is driving me nuts. I know there must be a setting or something that is messed up but I can't figure it out.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

If you use "sync" it should only download those that are new or changed.

OP
S

Sarahk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
Welcome to the Forum.

If you use "sync" it should only download those that are new or changed.
It still loads every image that I look at, and not just pictures that I take, for instance l when I play a game those images will be loaded

P

promo87

I have a Galaxy S3 and I am having a problem when trying to download my pictures to my computer. When I plug in my phone every image I have looked at on my phone downloads on my computer. This is driving me nuts. I know there must be a setting or something that is messed up but I can't figure it out.

Well, @Sarahk I am actually not getting it properly ! You are trying to download pictures over to your computer and ....??? Can you please be more specific like what error you are getting ?? Does you pictures are not visible over your PC or... ?

OP
S

Sarahk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
I am not getting any error messages. I plug my phone in to my computer and click on import pictures and videos. It then starts importing every image on my phone that I have looked at, for instance, other peoples pictures on facebook or games images that I have played. I can't think of any better way to explain. It ends up being thousands of images.

P

promo87

I am not getting any error messages. I plug my phone in to my computer and click on import pictures and videos. It then starts importing every image on my phone that I have looked at, for instance, other peoples pictures on facebook or games images that I have played. I can't think of any better way to explain. It ends up being thousands of images.

Well, I think I am getting your problem ! If I am right then you are worried because you see a number of pictures importing from somewhere you don't know ! :) Have you tried heading over to the device gallery and checked it for the images?? I would say if it start appearing over there then I would say it may be the reason !

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think its the Import pictures option you are selecting. By selecting that you are telling your computer to find all picture files from all locations and import them. That's why you are getting the thumbnail pics, etc that you didn't expect. I'm not sure if there is a way to specify which folder to import from at your computer, or not. But you can select Open Folder To View instead of Import when you plug your phone in to your computer. Then manually navigate to the DCIM folder on your phone and manually copy only the camera pics that you want to your computer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sarahk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s3
Thanks for the help. Don't know exactly what I did but finally got just the photos downloaded to computer. I think it is syncing facebook images so I have to figure out how to change that setting now.