downloading pictures in text message

coley85

Reaction score
I'm having problems downloading pictures from one friend. When I click download it tells me thedownload was unsuccessful. I've tried taking my batttery out deleting all other threads. Any suggestions on what to try next? I have downloaded handcent that doesn't work either.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you able to download photos from other messages?

OP
C

coley85

Reaction score
All my other pictures just appear in text messages so I don't have to download them. I have received some before that I could click download on and it worked.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are you doing a long press (press and hold) on the photo and it says successful. Have you checked the download folder on your SD card?

OP
C

coley85

Reaction score
I have tried holding the download button and clicking it quickly. The image is not appearing in my downloads folder. It's gives me a message shortly afte chicking on download that the domnload was unsuccessful.

warrior21

Reaction score
With handcent and even the stock messenger you long press on the picture and a menu with options should pop up. Copy attached to sd card should be one of the options. The only time I've seen a download option is in an email.

OP
C

coley85

Reaction score
That's how it normally works but for some reason I get a download button from this sender.

warrior21

Reaction score
Hopefully someone else jumps in who has had this happen to them since they pics aren't appearing in the DCIM folder.

irishred916

Reaction score
Having the same problem

I am currently having the same picture messaging problem which seems to only happen when I am getting a picture message from another droid phone.

This started for me on Friday after Verizon sent me a replacement phone which I have since been sent another replacement for to "fix" this problem. I have spent hours in the store and on the phone and they can't recreate the problem.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I was having the same problem. Picture would not download. Here is the fix that I found works.

Have whoever is sending you the picture write something in the message part. Can be as simple as " here is your pic". Then when you receive it, the pic will open. I cannot explain it but that is how I fixed it.

Nathaniel2211

Reaction score
I was having the same issues, and i just simply told her to say here's the picture and it worked. Thanks.