Downloading music

Lance873

Reaction score
This is my very first smart phone. All of my friends have iphones. How do you download music on a droid razr?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
From pretty much anywhere you can buy digital music. Through the Google Play store, from Amazon, from iTunes (if they're DRM free), or from the music you already own that's not locked down with DRM.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are also countless mp3 down loaders on the play store. Some download free mp3's.

jaye712

Reaction score
Gtunes music v6..
Finds almost everything i search for

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a ton of mp3's on computer, but I just use Pandora on my phone ...

jaye712

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I have a ton of mp3's on computer, but I just use Pandora on my phone ...

My 2nd option if i get to lazy to dl songs lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My 2nd option if i get to lazy to dl songs lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

I'm mad because the car I just bought doesn't have an aux jack so I can pump Pandora through the car stereo ... might have to replace that puppy LOL :p

jaye712

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I'm mad because the car I just bought doesn't have an aux jack so I can pump Pandora through the car stereo ... might have to replace that puppy LOL :p

Ohh nooo..LOL

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

lakerkev

Reaction score
Just a mention... if you have a lot of music on your pc and dont want to eat up space on your phone, I find that motocast works great(for tv, and movies stored on pc as well). If you have several pcs ie. A home and office station you can connect to which ever you like provided that they are turned on. Love motocast!

SallyC

Reaction score
This is my very first smart phone. All of my friends have iphones. How do you download music on a droid razr?

If it's your first smartphone, my suggestion would be to go to this Razr User Manual for ICS and click on Music. There's useful information on what file formats your phone can play, how to stream music and how to transfer it directly to your phone.

If you have more questions, here's a Guided Help page on How to Transfer Music which will give you step by step instructions (with pictures!) depending on how you want to do it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello.. Welcome to the forum.. I would directly plug the phone to computer.. And drag the music you want to your Phone’s music folder.. I'm thinking you have sd card you can store them.. Also Google Music let's you store your music on computer and sync to phone.

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Falcon76

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and welcoming me to the forum.

As this is my first "smartphone" there ae many things I do not understand and am trying to learn on the fly.

I did what you suggested in your post, but I still could not figure it out.

I have ripped CD's to Windows Media player and have tried to downlaod them to my razr without sucess. When I drag them to the sync area they will not deposit there.

Is there another way to download the music I rip to my computer?

If it is not asking too could you walk me through it step by step.

Thanks

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does your PC have an SD card reader slot? I found that easiest. If not, connect phone to PC. Once PC "sees" phone, open folders on phones SD card. Open the music folder. I tend to minimize the screen, so I can also open my PC's folders that contain my music files. Then, I drag and drop.... Or copy and paste....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2