Downloading failed?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Okay so I'm getting a lot of failed downloads when downloading from both the internet browser and when updating my apps from the market. Anyone know why that is I have like 100mb on the phone's internal memory and I have 14 gb on my sd card.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Jborch8

Reaction score
Okay so I'm getting a lot of failed downloads when downloading from both the internet browser and when updating my apps from the market. Anyone know why that is I have like 100mb on the phone's internal memory and I have 14 gb on my sd card.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Apparently this issue is not important for anyone to comment on. I've posted twice on XDA with no responses, and now I see here that no one has bothered to reply. I wonder if the issue is that rare? Even though this post is a century old, I wanted to state that I too cannot download anything from the internet. I always get a "download Unsuccessful".

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the app issue but if you can download and install an app called download all files, you should be able to download anything from the browser.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Jborch8

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the app issue but if you can download and install an app called download all files, you should be able to download anything from the browser.

Thanks for your response! So then is this just an issue with the browser itself? because other browsers fail as well.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response! So then is this just an issue with the browser itself? because other browsers fail as well.

Well, I just know that the stock android operating system prevents users from downloading everything off the browser and I didn't know about this until I tried downloading a rom and had this problem. After another member recommended this, it worked great and I have used it ever since.

Jborch8

Reaction score
Well, I just know that the stock android operating system prevents users from downloading everything off the browser and I didn't know about this until I tried downloading a rom and had this problem. After another member recommended this, it worked great and I have used it ever since.

Alright, I'll go that route then, thanks a bunch!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem, good luck:)

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
I completely forgot about this thread... Since I'm on a droid x I went to battery and data manager and turned off data saver.... Or get on a wifi connection... And that's hows I solved my issue

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's cool:cool: that wifi thing crossed my mind as well but actually thought it was something else:crazy:

jasonty

Reaction score
Im having a problem w/ downloading and updating my apps on my Moto Droid 1 unrooted phone. It's been this way for several months. I cant even get this forums app installed. I get a notice something like "cannot install on USB storage or SD card"

Last edited:
OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Im having a problem w/ downloading and updating my apps on my Moto Droid 1 unrooted phone. It's been this way for several months. I cant even get this forums app installed. I get a notice something like "cannot install on USB storage or SD card"
Is there a memory card in your phone... Make sure that the card is firmly snugly inside the holder

iLester

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hello there, im not sure what you mean... but if i want to download something from the browser (i.e a video from the Chrome app), you MUST NOT leave the chrome app when you are downloading and you MUST NOT let the phone lock. keep the screen display on.(you can do this by changing the display setting > screen time out to 10min or more). if you do this, the download will continue... the download fails when you leave the app for more than 1min or lock the phone for more than 1 min.

hope this helps.