1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

downloading apps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by byebyetreo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. byebyetreo

byebyetreo New Member

I just got my new droid today and immediately picked 10-15 free apps to download... this was like 6 hrs ago and they're all still downloading, how long does this take??
  2. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

Normally, the apps only take 10-30 seconds to download. Check your status/notifications bar at the top of the phone- is "3G" lit, indicating you have the faster 3G signal where you are? If not, and if you have a WiFi router at home, try enabling WiFi on the Droid to use your home's internet connection for faster downloads.

Even if you're running non-3G, 6 hours seems like a LONG time to be downloading.
  3. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Each app should take no longer then 10 seconds - 1 minute. That's even on 1g from prior experience of mine. Huge games may take longer though. If i were you, i would dial *228 and hit 2. That will restart your phone, which is also another suggestion i was going to have you try, so that just kills to birds with one stone.