downloading apps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by byebyetreo, Nov 28, 2009.

1. byebyetreo

byebyetreo New Member

I just got my new droid today and immediately picked 10-15 free apps to download... this was like 6 hrs ago and they're all still downloading, how long does this take??
  2. BillTheCat

BillTheCat New Member

Normally, the apps only take 10-30 seconds to download. Check your status/notifications bar at the top of the phone- is "3G" lit, indicating you have the faster 3G signal where you are? If not, and if you have a WiFi router at home, try enabling WiFi on the Droid to use your home's internet connection for faster downloads.

Even if you're running non-3G, 6 hours seems like a LONG time to be downloading.
  3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Each app should take no longer then 10 seconds - 1 minute. That's even on 1g from prior experience of mine. Huge games may take longer though. If i were you, i would dial *228 and hit 2. That will restart your phone, which is also another suggestion i was going to have you try, so that just kills to birds with one stone.