Downloading apps on CPU then putting on Droid 3?

FernBch

Reaction score
Yes, after d/l copy them to sd, nav to them with stock/non stock file explorer and run them. I save my apks to a backup folder when I flash, then reinstall them after. Saves time and makes things easier afterwards.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Yes, after d/l copy them to sd, nav to them with stock/non stock file explorer and run them. I save my apks to a backup folder when I flash, then reinstall them after. Saves time and makes things easier afterwards.

Yea, I pretty much understood none of that lol.

Thanks for the help, though.

FernBch

Reaction score
Sorry, lol. Yes, you can. Download them on your pc. After that copy the file to your sd card. From there use a file explorer and navigate to where you saved the file and you can install it from there. I save mine to my sd card, the files end in .apk. If I have to start over for any reason, I like to try different things and sometimes it doesn't go well, then I can reinstall them without having to download them again.

OP
D

DC4MVP

Reaction score
What's this "file explorer"

Something I need to download via the market like Linda or something?

FernBch

Reaction score
There is usually an app in your app drawer called "files". It will let you view the files on your sd card. It won't let you view everything unless you're rooted, but it should allow you to view what you have saved to your sd card.