Downloading app

neb32

Reaction score
Please help. I am sure it is an easy fix. I am having problems downloading app from the market. When I download it says starting download and in the download page it show the bar but never starts actually downloading. In the app settings page I have it checked for "Unknowen sources". I have tried with this checked and not and have cycled power.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Sometimes the market goes down and you cannot connect. Try again in a few minutes or try to pull the battery and then go to market again.

Did it ever work? And also can you browse the web?

OP
N

neb32

Reaction score
I had just done that and it is still the same. The browser works fine. I have just got the phone.

OP
N

neb32

Reaction score
I am now resetting the phone.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have had it take up to a day to downlaod an app due to market problems. Leave it overnight and it will probably be there in the morning.

OP
N

neb32

Reaction score
I have done that with no change. The phones at the store download very quickly. If the market was down wouldn't this be effecting everyone? Also this is my second droid that this is happening to. So I believe it is operator error.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never once had an issue with downloading apps. I've never had the marketplace down. There have been times where it didn't want to start the download. At that point I would cancel the download and restart it, and it would instantly download it. There have been people reported that they couldn't download, no matter what they did, so they did a battery pull, and that seemed to fix the problem. Could have just needed a simple reboot on the phone to get it going. So my advise in situations like that would be reset the phone first and see if that helps, if that didn't do anything, and you want to try to do a batt pull then go ahead and see if that did anything. Everytime i've downloaded an app, took less then 15 seconds (unless it was a big game)

Reaction score
I had it once where I could not dl no matter what I did. Even with the battery pull but after and hour or so it worked.

My bet is that it is the market or going from 1x to 3g but thats just my guess.

OP
N

neb32

Reaction score
I have done both with no change. :mad:

I am going to do another reset.

OP
N

neb32

Reaction score
Got it working. Reset and created a brand new google account.

WHY?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with downloading apps for me is where I do the download. Not where I get the download from, but physically where I am. We live in a valley and different parts of the house has either a dead zone or 1 bar (at 1X). If I go to the Androlib site and the QR code to go to the Market, it will give me an error until I go out on the porch. At work it's much faster.