downloaded video

chas8754

Reaction score
downloaded a MOV.video file from my computer to my DROID .... can't find it...it's not showing up in my gallery... since then I have figured out that I have to convert the files and I have done that and now the videos show up in the gallery and play just fine. But I still can't find the first MOV. video file I downloaded... would like to find it and delete it... anyone know how to find and delete this file ???
Thanks,
Chas

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.how did you "download" this file from your computer to the droid?
2.install "astro" from the market place
3.open aster and search for your file
4.???????????????
5.Profit...

when I move files from my computer I have to select WHERE on the SDcard those files are going.

-=Jason=-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Flomaster is right... when you add files to your Droid via the PC you have to select where it goes... there is no 'default' location like when you download on the Droid browser.

OP
chas8754

chas8754

Reaction score
I right clicked the video file ....then "send to".... then clicked "removable file" which is my Droid. It showed the progress of the download and finished.... went to my gallery and it's not there... thanks for the quick response !!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
connect your Droid with the usb, 'mount usb' in the notification panel.... and drag and drop files to your SD card. This will ensure you know where it's going!

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would assume then it is on the /root Directory of you SD card if you saved it directly to a 'removable file'

spillner

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I put a movie in my "movies" file and its not showing up in the gallery or lukluk media player. I have put other movies there and they work fine. I do have Astro and can find it that way, but its kinda annoying to have to go that route when it should be with the other files. All videos are the same format.

OP
chas8754

chas8754

Reaction score
Downloaded "astro" and located the file... It seems to have downloaded as a music file, and when I tried to open it it said the file wasn't supported........ The file name was MOV001.MOD shot from my Sony video camera, so thats the file I searched for. I deleted it and hope it worked seeing how the file size was over 500mb. Thanks flomaster and martin for your help

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chas8754, with Astro you can change the file name AND extension maybe that would allow it to play?
if it was a .MOV on your computer and ended up as a .MOD just change it via ASTRO and report back to us

-=Jason=-

OP
chas8754

chas8754

Reaction score
Thanks Jason... astro works great....thanks for all your help !!!!!