downloaded to phone but where???

roadrash

Reaction score
I downloaded some ringtones and decided which ones I wanted to keep. However I can't find where they were saved to delete the ones I don't want. I downloaded via browser. I have searched the sdcard every which way I could think. Anyone else run into this and figured it out?

Last edited:
OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
True. However, I want to delete the actual file. Removing from history did not accomplish that.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
True. However, I want to delete the actual file. Removing from history did not accomplish that.

Just long press the file in Astro in the /Download folder....then click Edit, then click Delete :)

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
Believe it or not, the files are not there. I can still choose the unwanted ringtones and play them from the ringtones setting menu so I know they must be on the phone elsewhere.

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
I have at least figured out that it must be stored directly to the phone because I can still play the mp3 while the SD card is mounted to my PC.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you look in your mp3 folder?? The folder where all your songs are stored? I've seen ringtones in mine (annoying) so I always just deleted them

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh if you used that app I bet $5 it's in a folder made specifically by Myxer. I guarantee it man, there is probably a folder named Myxer, or something like .Myxer maybe?

I bet thats where they are

And next time man, just use an app called Ringdroid (free), and use your own songs you have to *make* your own ringtones. It's a great application, it allows you to edit any part of a song and save it to create your own ringtones!

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
Oh if you used that app I bet $5 it's in a folder made specifically by Myxer. I guarantee it man, there is probably a folder named Myxer, or something like .Myxer maybe?

I bet thats where they are

And next time man, just use an app called Ringdroid (free), and use your own songs you have to *make* your own ringtones. It's a great application, it allows you to edit any part of a song and save it to create your own ringtones!

No app involved here - just thought I was doing simple file download off of a webpage.
No dice on finding any folders or files with myxer in the name. :eek:(

As for ringdroid - awesome application. I use that a lot.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
:mad:

Like he said then long press, box opens with view/info, select info to see file location or open to view.

Unfortunately I only get choices to "Open" and "Clear from list"

My bad, select open and while viewing the pic, press menu select details. I just did it and it give u the exact location of the file.

Since this is an mp3 playing it didn't quite work that way for me; however, I noticed while mp3 was playing the following path was shown in the notification bar for the native music player:

content://drm/audio/3

No idea what that translates to for a filesystem path...

OP
R

roadrash

Reaction score
Solution

Found this on another site when Googling "myxter can't delete"

"From manage applications screen, hit Menu>Filter>All. This will allow you to see the DRM Protected Content Storage. Clear it, myxer DRM Protected Content Storage. Clear it, myxer downloads are gone."

Here is the full thread:
I can't delete ringtones from myxer! - Android Forums

Its been educational. I'll avoid myxter though.