Downloaded ringer issue

turbodave

Reaction score
I hope I'm in the correct forum. I have a brand new RAZR MAXX HD running 4.1.1

I went to phonezoo dot com to download my favorate ringers (which I have been using for years). The ringer was sent as an attachment to a text msg. I can't figure out how to get the ringer from the text to wherever it needs to be so that it can be used.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh, BTW, what's that button to the right of the home screen button??

OP
turbodave

turbodave

Reaction score
When using Zedge, how do the ringers come into your phone? Text attachment? I'm just trying to figure out how to get the ringtone out of the text and into wherever it needs to be.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
When using Zedge, how do the ringers come into your phone? Text attachment? I'm just trying to figure out how to get the ringtone out of the text and into wherever it needs to be.

When using Zedge, if you find a ringtone you like, click the heart, then download. Or mark as favorite. If you download, it will be sent to your phone automatically.

OP
turbodave

turbodave

Reaction score
OK, I think got Zedge figured out. But I still have a lot of ringers on phonezoo (that are not availabe on zedge) that I'd like to be able to figure out how to get.

Does anyone know how to get an attachment (ringer sound) from a text message to somewhere that I can put it to use????????

AND.....What's the button on the lower right corner of my screen??? The one to the right of my home button.

OP
turbodave

turbodave

Reaction score
Think I have this one tackled!! First I had to figure out how to save the attachment, then figure out where it went (messaging folder), then figure out what all the little icons mean so that I could figure out how to tag it and move it to the ringtone folder!!

Jelly Bean is nothing but symbols and icons, no words!