smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
They are 2 separate keyboards - if you make better keyboard active in your language / keyboard settings, you can long press on any text input box to switch between keyboards you have active and installed...

You can also make it your default keyboard in your language / keyboard area under input method.

donballz

Reaction score
What's better about it? I was thinking about giving up on Swype. I am just not getting any better with it.

Technoman

Reaction score
What's better about it? I was thinking about giving up on Swype. I am just not getting any better with it.

Did you do the swype tutorial? I have been using Swype for a long time. I signed up for beta with swype on my Droid 1, and never looked back once i got used to it.

When I learned that the Droid X had swype installed by default, that was just one more selling point for me.

Go do the tutorial (several times if you need to), and keep at it. Soon you won't want to ever use anything else.

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
There is a lot of truth to what Technoman is saying. At first, I wasn't impressed with Swype, but the more I use it, the more I like it. ANd, I've become quite fast with it. I've downloaded and install several other keyboards, but always come back to Swype.

kapeman

Reaction score

Did you do the swype tutorial? I have been using Swype for a long time. I signed up for beta with swype on my Droid 1, and never looked back once i got used to it.

When I learned that the Droid X had swype installed by default, that was just one more selling point for me.

Go do the tutorial (several times if you need to), and keep at it. Soon you won't want to ever use anything else.

Ok, I'll bite. How do you access the tutorial?

donballz

Reaction score
My frustration mainly surrounds small words: out our or it put all have about the same swype motion. I don't want to stop everytime I use a preposition, which is often. If I try to go fast, it just gets worse. I think its mainly a user error and not the keyboard, but I am looking to make a switch.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Ok, I'll bite. How do you access the tutorial?

On the bottom left corner of the swype keyboard is an S with an ! in a circle tap on that to get a popup box - it will show you tips, tutorial and options...

Technoman

Reaction score
Try SlideIT. It's like swype, but better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually it is a personal preference, but I have witnessed more people state that they like Swype better than any of the similar keyboards.

The difference is that you won't find Swype on the market... they choose not to offer it that way.

Technoman

Reaction score
My frustration mainly surrounds small words: out our or it put all have about the same swype motion. I don't want to stop everytime I use a preposition, which is often. If I try to go fast, it just gets worse. I think its mainly a user error and not the keyboard, but I am looking to make a switch.

Swype learns the words that you use often, and offers those words first. So to have it "learn" the short easy words,, enter them the standard keyboard way followed by a space. That puts them into the custom dictionary.

Makes the words you use most often become the ones that it puts in when you swype.

:)

white Lightning

Reaction score
minus all these swype and slide options..
theres other Keyboards that can be used on the X???

I like the keyboard it has but I think the space bar needs to be bigger....

if there were only a way to take the talk text option off the keyboard, I tried using it but it never types anything remotly close to what I say? LOL