"Download Unsuccessful" when downloading from within browser

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by K.ZIMM, Feb 17, 2011.

1. K.ZIMM

K.ZIMM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having an issue where I could not download ANY files through the browser. Clicking on the link results in "download unsuccessful" almost immediately after it starts. I doesn't even make it past 0% progress.

I've gone through all the steps now to reinstall GPA11 several times with no changes. I've followed the outline of 2x data / factory reset, 2x wipe cache, format /boot, format /system, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats. I have my phone completely stock; no market apps.

I've also proceeded to go into the browser app settings and clear out any cache / history for both the browser and the market. I can install apps through the market without issue.

The only thing that I've found from digging around on the web to fix it, is to install Astro File Manager. Within the apps preferences is an option to "Enable Browser Downloader." I don't know if the browser passes off any downloads to Astro, or this changes something in a hidden broswer setting.

This really has me perplexed, and I don't like the work-around. Has anyone else come across this issue before? Otherwise, I'm all open for any suggestions that you might have...

2. Kwheelie

Kwheelie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was getting this error too. started happening last week and when I would goto my unsuccessfull downloads queue I'd get an error something saying my card is full or something like that.. (my mem card had more than enough room for some jpgs)

I know this isnt really a fix but i switched to Xscope for my browser, it downloaded everything from the same sites and I found it was just a better browser than my stock one.. kinda glad this happened, made the switch and I'm not looking back to the stock browser. :)

3. Triumphrider

Triumphrider Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use download crutch

Sent from my Droid

4. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue and Astro did indeed have the setting to allow me to download practically anything.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. K.ZIMM

K.ZIMM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never found a reason or fix as to why I couldn't download through the stock browser. I've since upgraded to GPA12 and the problem has mysteriously gone away. I've reinstalled GPA11 countless times doing a full wipe every time and the problem still persisted.

I did download the XScope browser though and I think I like it better than the stock one. Has a very "chrome" feel to it.

6. FC127

FC127 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue. When I downloaded Linda file manager I found I could successfully download.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
android download unsuccessful browser
android download unsuccessful pdf
android pdf download unsuccessful
download unsuccessful

download unsuccessful android browser

download unsuccessful android pdf

pdf download unsuccessful android

samsung galaxy s3 download unsuccessful
xoom download unsuccessful
xoom download unsuccessful pdf