"Download Unsuccessful" in Browser (just rooted/deodexed 2.2)

wHyTeCoUnTrY

Reaction score
After rooting/deodexing a friends Droid X yesterday running Froyo, we're getting a"download unsuccessful"error after almost any browser download. Tried a few different sites, same thing every time, then we tried Koush's site and oddly boot strap downloaded fine. Nothing else seems to work though. Any Idea what could be causing this?

Everything seemed to be fine on 2.2 before we rooted...but I did the same root method on my X with no problems...

HarshReality

Reaction score
Try Dolphin Browser.. seems the browser might have issues in knowing how to handle different file types.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well, since 2.2 isnt' even out yet and the leaked version was incomplete, I bet its your software. I'm on rooted 2.1 and don't have issues downloading.

OP
W

wHyTeCoUnTrY

Reaction score
Well, since 2.2 isnt' even out yet and the leaked version was incomplete, I bet its your software. I'm on rooted 2.1 and don't have issues downloading.

It was fine on 2.2 without root.could it have been the deodex?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah cause I am on root 2.2 and have no issues either. Something might have gotten moved that was not supposed to.

debaucher

Reaction score
I get this issue every once in a while (usually trying to download a .rar file in the main browser) and I am running the original leak 2.2

Dolphin browser downloads rar files just fine.. but even then I still get this issue every once in a while (with any file type).

D.