Download Thunderbolt Image Package For Droid X & 2

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Thunderbolt admirers that own the Droid X and or the Droid 2 (R2-D2 version included) might be interested in this piece of news. The sexy new HTC device, just had its RUU released a few days ago (or leaked, same difference these days), and now Droid-life has put together an image package that includes the boot screen (sound and image), some wallpapers, and more. This is all in an attempt to make the visual experience of the new generation Droid owners similar to that of the new HTC LTE devices.

For those who are excited to see this new device, I just want to say I am excited with you. I am pretty much camping outside my Verizon Wireless store to get this and the Motorola Xoom. Sadly, I might be here for a while (Well in Minnesota winter, 1 hour is a while).

Download this file (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service)
  1. Download the file from above to your SD card.
  2. Reboot into recovery using Koush’s Bootstrap app.
  3. Choose “install zip from SD card.”
  4. Then “choose zip from SD card” and find the Thunderbolt.zip , select it and hit “yes.”
  5. Reboot and enjoy!
Source (Download: HTC Thunderbolt Boot Animation for DROID X and 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Last edited by a moderator:

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna try and tear this down for the OG droid users. Boot animation probably won't be done.

microsnook

Reaction score
Someone should post a video of their results so we can see if we want to flash this :)

Shelooga

Reaction score
ill check this out when i get home from work. or if i find myself in the bathroom on my phone for an extended period of time...

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
This is pretty cool! I wasn't aware that any of the Droid family of phones could play sounds when they were booting up. My DX looks pretty good now. :)

-Mike

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I thought this was more than the boot animation. I'm gonna meave it alone for now

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I got it workin in a miui theme if anyone wants it click

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
how do i remove this now? not fond of the audio lol

Do you want to remove the bootanimation, or just get rid of the audio? You can simply replace the bootanimation by putting a different one in data/local on your SD card (using Root Explorer), and that should resolve your problem. If you want to keep the animation, but get rid of the sound, I believe there's an earlier post in this thread that details how to go in to the media file on your SD card, find the sound file and remove it.

Good luck!

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
(Follow up to earlier post) I stand corrected - the explanation for removing the sound file must have been in a different thread, or a different forum, sorry. I'll try to find the post and copy it over to here, but I'm getting ready to go to work, so it'll be this evening.

-Mike