Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
jb is out. why should I be waiting for ics?

For most people (aside from those with a GNex from Google I/O), JB is NOT out yet, it's been ANNOUNCED. The source code isn't even available yet, once the source code hits Google's servers then we can say that JB is "out".

OP
johnfish

johnfish

Reaction score
Well after perusing the replys i think I might just wait. I am not interested in rooting and dont want to lose the ability to update in the future. I have been very dissapointed in the way my phone has been acting lately. lots of force closes and reboots, the battery life is horrible compared to when I first got it. I feel like I am using my POS droid x again. Having come from a great experieince with my incredible I can say i am not as impressed witht he rezound.

I am going to try an factory reset and leave all my apps off and see if anything improves. If not maybe I got a lemon.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
johnfish said:
Well after perusing the replys i think I might just wait. I am not interested in rooting and dont want to lose the ability to update in the future. I have been very dissapointed in the way my phone has been acting lately. lots of force closes and reboots, the battery life is horrible compared to when I first got it. I feel like I am using my POS droid x again. Having come from a great experieince with my incredible I can say i am not as impressed witht he rezound.

I am going to try an factory reset and leave all my apps off and see if anything improves. If not maybe I got a lemon.
Once again, this not a ROOT, for you to be able to download this ICS leak you must be stock. This ICS is and has been good with HTC and Google, except Verizon of course, it figures. Instead of Verizon doing the pushing via OTA, you are doing it via manual download.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Last edited:

DroDough

Reaction score
People should listen to CyberTec on this. You don't need to he rooted, just need to have the phone completely stock. I was leary about doing this last night. With cybertec's help and knowledge I went ahead and did the update. My only regret is that I waited to do it. I love it and am glad I did it. Just make sure to follow every single step cybertec has provided and you will be fine. It's really easy, the phone does most of the work for you.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
DroDough said:
People should listen to CyberTec on this. You don't need to he rooted, just need to have the phone completely stock. I was leary about doing this last night. With cybertec's help and knowledge I went ahead and did the update. My only regret is that I waited to do it. I love it and am glad I did it. Just make sure to follow every single step cybertec has provided and you will be fine. It's really easy, the phone does most of the work for you.

What the op is worried about is what if something goes wrong with the phone and he wants to send it in to get a replacement. Verizon won't take the phone back with the unofficial ics leak on the phone even though the bootloader is locked and the phone is not rooted. And as of right now there is no way to revert back to gb from the ics leak, I think unless you are s-off. So I think the op is worried about the warranty of the phone.

I would say if he is worried about the warranty of the phone then just wait. But if you had a bad experience like I did with the ics leak. My only option was to root the phone and install a ics rom. But a lot of people on here had great experience with the ics leak.

jjmstang

Reaction score
I have the ICS leak on mine and everything functions just fine :biggrin:

Proonz41

Reaction score
I also downloaded the leak...and now my battery life is horrible?! anyone else?? it was fine with GB.....sigh....everything else is great tho...help

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Proonz41 said:
I also downloaded the leak...and now my battery life is horrible?! anyone else?? it was fine with GB.....sigh....everything else is great tho...help

Check your apps, it happened to me, battery is fantastic with ICS, people need to understand that with these Android smartphones, It's usually not the OS that will give you problems, but most likely an App you downloaded from the market, that's the tradeoff you get with an open system.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Last edited:

cdm369

Reaction score
Proonz41 said:

Also give it a few proper charge and discharge cycles. Mine got a lot better after 3 days or so.

kkesterson

Reaction score
I am too stupid to root but following the instructions in the other thread was able to download the leak no problem. Make sure you back up first (I used Go backup) and when it is back I just reinstalled everything that way.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the latest leak #4 One install was enough. Even the latest versions of superuser will not work. Had to install SuperSU zip file via Ramon RA recovery to root. Superuser and SuperSU are totally different and incompatible, though they are made to do the same thing.

On my Droid X, when I install a Rom, Google play store automatically reinstalls all my apps. This did not happen with the rezound ics leak which made for a lot of extra setup work.

If I want to go back to GB, I am s-off and can rru to gb and then restore my latest nandroid backup with Ramon RA recovery.

Everything seems to work ok thus far.

I just got tired of waiting for the OTA.

Howard

p.s. The WiFi teather program works with the leak. I had to play with the settings a bit, and then it worked providing WiFi internet to my laptop.

Last edited:

HowardZ

Reaction score

john,

you mat want to try this free app too see if you have an out of control application on your phone.
watchdog-lite

Howard

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Whenever I notice a sudden change I usually have found it to be a recent update to an app. The most notable in my experience have been Handcent and Ultra Keyboard. They have both given me fits in the past after an update and an uninstall, reinstall of them was the solution.
Also over the last couple of weeks my signal was weaker, causing my phone to use more battery grabbing and holding a cdma signal. whatever the problem was stopped on Sunday, back to craptacular reception instead of worse.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post