Download the Android 7.1.1 Developer Preivew Now!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You can download the Android 7.1.1 Developer Preview for your Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, or Pixel C right now! You can actually try out the latest version of Android ahead of the Pixel and Pixel XL which each ship with Android 7.1! This is the beauty of the Nexus program that has been done away with. Being able to run the latest version of Android first is the main draw for both Pixel and Nexus devices.

If you are currently on a developer preview build you should be able to grab this update Over The Air. If you aren't you can sign up for the Beta Program here. Google has also provided both OTA.zip files you can flash in recovery and full stock images that can be flashed manually. Head to the links below to download the files needed.

Android 7.1.1 Factory Images
Android 7.1.1 OTA Zip Files

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
28248f7d6eb6677db88bd15e6d1f4ff2.jpg

de744b35c98ed9b9353358a890e9ad4c.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
479b94ece80487af27dfe31dcf1f2755.jpg
11d40f8e73511e857c3418124eed628e.jpg
installed on both phones. Only issues I have as re Google now detection won't work and the visual voice mail in the phone is linked to Verizon. I use Google voice.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Same issue as Mustang here, so far.

The home screen shortcuts are great. Can't believe it took Apple doing their peek thing for Android to better utilize the long press on the home screen, but it's a welcome addition and I'm looking forward to other developers adding functionality there.

Extra Quick Toggle on the Notification shade before you pull it down is nice as well.

New camera "Moves" are handy. The camera app also had an update and seems to launch and work faster than before.

Overall, I'm still disappointed that Assistant didn't come with this build, but I'm hoping we'll see it before or by the time it's released as a public, stable build.

Can't believe they broke Always Listening in the Google app though. I toggle it back on and it stays on for just a second or 2 and then shuts off again. :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
3022e53f1f211837b0e3eaf187ee993e.jpg

Battery life still eh.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Phone has been Idle for 7 hours.

7cc0917b07e826af7d5efa641ebc5853.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been running it a few days as well now. Not really having any issues that haven't been mentioned.

I didn't realize it included the new shortcuts until just now, doh! That's pretty cool.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the phone shutting down at weird points? As if the battery were dying? I had it shut down today at a little below 50% and before that it's been around 15%.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anyone having issues with the phone shutting down at weird points? As if the battery were dying? I had it shut down today at a little below 50% and before that it's been around 15%.

Nothing like that here. I did do an fdr not long before the update, but haven't done one since.

Every once in a while, I'll have weird battery drain again, but for the most part, doze has been wonderful again.

Haven't had mine shut down unexpectedly, but I've been restarting it like every other day or so at bed time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing like that here. I did do an fdr not long before the update, but haven't done one since.

Every once in a while, I'll have weird battery drain again, but for the most part, doze has been wonderful again.

Haven't had mine shut down unexpectedly, but I've been restarting it like every other day or so at bed time.

Since my cache clear it seems fine. But I have to say that the doze is no where as what it is on the Pixel. The doze alone in what had me consider buying it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Since my cache clear it seems fine. But I have to say that the doze is no where as what it is on the Pixel. The doze alone in what had me consider buying it.
My doze still isn't what it was on Marshmallow, but it's definitely better than what it was when I first got Nougat.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My doze still isn't what it was on Marshmallow, but it's definitely better than what it was when I first got Nougat.

Dude, I almost feel like Google is manipulating the software because I was not happy with doze on nougat. But I tell you the truth, the doze on the pixel is better than that on marshmallow. And that makes no since with the nexus 6P being a Google device running Google software.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine is still up and down, it'll be good for a while then there will be a part of the day that just drains.