"Download Size Requires Wi-Fi"???

nooter99

Reaction score
Why do I keep getting this message/warning every time I try to download a picture off the web? I never had this issue on my Droid 1. It's annoying, and stupid, considering this phone is supposed to be so much better!

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the settings menu, there's something called data saver. It's installed on the 4G phones so you don't go over your cap if you aren't unlimited. You can turn it off.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I have data saver off and I still cannot upload vids to YouTube and large games require WiFi as well.
I understood it with my 3G phones, it would have taken forever for some stuff to finish... but on LTE it should allow it IMO

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it try.
Also, regarding the same issue, how do I get rid of the warning symbol from the notification bar? "Clear" doesn't seem to work. The only way I've been able to do it is reboot.

I apologize to all the Bionic lovers (which includes myself) for sounding like a jerk and blaming the phone in my original post, it was obviously a "stupid user" issue (namely me!), not the phones fault. I gotta learn to be more patient, even at the age of 50!! Lol.

J_Fedd

Reaction score
I think some of the app developers have yet to catch up to the reality of 4G when it comes to requiring wifi for downloading/uploading. Even the Amazon App Store still requires me to use wifi to download some of their larger apps. Hopefully app devs remove restrictions like these or make their apps recognize a 4G connection.

I don't mind a warning pop-up about something that's about to use large amounts of data, but preventing access all together is a joke. Especially when my 4G downloads faster than my home wifi.

:blackdroid:

j504

Reaction score
In the settings menu, there's something called data saver. It's installed on the 4G phones so you don't go over your cap if you aren't unlimited. You can turn it off.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just got my Moto Bionic yesterday and it got stuck trying to download an app, waiting for wifi. It was driving me nuts! I spent the better part of last night trying to figure out the issue. Thanks again for your post.

lowcel

Reaction score
I am having this same issue and I can't figure it out. The data saver is turned off and it still will not allow me to upload a video to youtube. Any suggestions?