[DOWNLOAD] R2D2 Boot animation from D2 Special Edition

fishfood

Reaction score
[Boot Animation] R2D2 Boot animation from D2 Special Edition

This is my first attempt at an upload, so please be kind. This is the R2D2 boot animation for the special edition Droid 2... I downloaded it originally from Droid Life, but it ran very choppy. I reduced the size of the images in the .zip files to be compatible with the boot image allowances for the D1 (I guess the resolution for the boot animation images is less than it is for regular operation. At least that's what I seemed to gather from my research... Like I said, I'm new at this!) After I rezipped and ran it, it was smooth as silk and didn't seem to lose any image quality like I was afraid it might. So, here it is, tell me what you think!

Download here : r2bootanimation.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

For rooted Droids, rename the file "bootanimation.zip" and place in your /data/local directory using your favorite file manager... If you're not rooted, you'll have to search the forums for how to switch boot animations, couldn't tell ya, sorry!

Credit to p3droid, as he made the original file available, I just shrunk the images and rezipped... Thanks p3!!

Last edited:

Droid Eye

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Thanks for sharing and for all of the work that you did to get this working properly on the Droid.

Fault

Reaction score
Gonna try it out soon!

Last edited:

antron007

Reaction score
For rooted Droids, rename the file "bootanimation.zip" and place in your /data/local directory using your favorite file manager... If you're not rooted, you'll have to search the forums for how to switch boot animations, couldn't tell ya, sorry!

If there isn't one in /data/local, it will check system/media next. Pretty sure you have to be rooted to access any folder on the phone itsself.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Fault

Reaction score
Installed it, runs really laggy, not to happy with it, probably gonna switch back

Darth Vacho

Reaction score
That worked great! thanks. Before this R2 boot looked awefull on Droid1

gdroidnoob

Reaction score
Please!!

could you upload again the file, because the link isn't working, THANKS! dancedroid :)