Download of Update Failed

igknight

Reaction score
I downloaded the update from off the internet and ran it on my Droid X. It failed a few times but downloaded the stock apps that seemed to have changed and finally got the update to run.

I am now running 2.2.1, or 2.3.340 what ever you want to call it, but my phone now keeps telling me that it failed to download the update. I will turn on my screen and it just pops up telling me that it failed. Its getting annoying, and I don't know if its actually tying to download it or not. If it is, thats not going to do well for my battery.

I re-downloaded the update via the web and put it in the root of my sd card hoping that it would see it. Seemed to have fixed it for a day, but now its doing it again.

Any suggestions?

And yes, I am rooted.

View attachment 22335 View attachment 22336

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Make a nandroid backup and see if a factory reset fixes it. If it does, then restore that backup and see if a combo of a factory reset and titanium backup (so you don't lose things) works for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
The factory restore did fix it, restoring my backups now to see if it comes back. Just taking a while.

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
Nope, restore of applications and data brought back the issue.

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
Ya, it could take a long time. Is it an app I have installed, or is it the data. Doubt its the programs that I have frozen, as after the Titanium restore the programs were not frozen.

I was more hoping that there was a service that could safely bee disabled that would stop my phone from checking for update.

droidinmind

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem. Im running apex 1.3

downloaded the update from off the internet and ran it on my Droid X. It failed a few times but downloaded the stock apps that seemed to have changed and finally got the update to run.

I am now running 2.2.1, or 2.3.340 what ever you want to call it, but my phone now keeps telling me that it failed to download the update. I will turn on my screen and it just pops up telling me that it failed. Its getting annoying, and I don't know if its actually tying to download it or not. If it is, thats not going to do well for my battery.

I re-downloaded the update via the web and put it in the root of my sd card hoping that it would see it. Seemed to have fixed it for a day, but now its doing it again.

Any suggestions?

And yes, I am rooted.

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
Might have figured it out.

I went into Titanium Backup and froze Updater 2.2.1. Now if I check for updates, it still says that its downloading, but it does not tell me that it has failed. Have not seen the random message saying that the update has failed in an hour either.

droidinmind, if your having the same thing, try to freeze or rename the updater program and see if that helps.

jdhas

Reaction score
Might have figured it out.

I went into Titanium Backup and froze Updater 2.2.1. Now if I check for updates, it still says that its downloading, but it does not tell me that it has failed. Have not seen the random message saying that the update has failed in an hour either.

droidinmind, if your having the same thing, try to freeze or rename the updater program and see if that helps.

I'm having the identical problem. Updated via the OTA a week or so ago. Running Apex 1.3 now (and loving it). Started getting the message that the phone was trying to update earlier today. I hope there's a better solution than freezing the updater app, however, as that will sure make it difficult to receive any future updates....

OP
igknight

igknight

Reaction score
All you have to do is either unfreeze it, or do the update manually, but yes, I would like to find a better way.

jdhas

Reaction score
All you have to do is either unfreeze it, or do the update manually, but yes, I would like to find a better way.

I did a hard reset and am in a clean Apex 1.3 now. No update notifications any more. Will slowly reinstall apps to test if something else is screwing things up.

Droidx_guy

Reaction score
I was having the same problem after updating to gingerbread and freezing updater 2.3.3 seems to have worked thank you for the suggestion. And I know this is an old post but thought it was still relavent