Download: New Swiftkey Beta

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I keep trying to really like swiftkey, but for some reason I keep going back to swype lol. I got the e-mail yesterday so I think I'll give it another chance since you guys seem to be enjoying it.

sportadic22

Reaction score
never seen this... im addicted to swype though... soo ill give this a few days to test it out because its going to take me a few texts to get back to normal typing and not sliding around :p
but it seems sick already. im always waiting for my word to pop up so i dont have to type anymore lol. sometimes i let it choose the sentence for me because i keep picking words it shows :p

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
I[was able to download it straight from my phone with no problems. QUOTE=SSHGuru;600883]This won't work if you download it over the phone. Download it to your computer and move the file to your SD card and then install it.

It's worth it.

I downloaded the .apk file and tried to open it with Astro. I got a message saying it wouldn't open because it was a zip file. Then I noticed it changed to an Android and my phone locked up. I had to do a battery pull. Rebooting now.

I couldn't use my phone to download it because it's on Megaupload and I couldn't see the letters I was suppose to punch in.

Great. Now my Droid just rebooted. Shadez did you check this link out?
[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Hookbill, if you'd like i could upload the version i got with the email this morning and put it on here, im 100% sure that it works perfectly :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking out for me guys, and while I think it looks like a great app at one point I couldn't get my phone to boot. I had to do a 30 second battery pull.

I might try it off an email. Send it to [email protected].

I like the idea of just shifting once to get the caps and not having to switch to a different keyboard for numbers.

c_mack9

Reaction score
ok i love it on screen but i use my physical keyboard to text. is there a way i can disable it and default back to the regular keyboard when i slide it open?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I reboot the phone (power off) then on swiftkey always brings up an error which requires me to close it. Then when I bring up Handcent it does the same.

Then it works fine.

Solution?

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I uninstalled it. Went to astro and deleted the data folder then installed it off the APK. Now it just gives the error on boot.

Maybe it loads too fast for the operating system?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google is amazing. I searched for a solution shortly after posting this and it brought me here...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok uninstalled. Removed APK. Re-Downloaded APK - reinstalled.

Turned off phone and on... error.

Sorry!

The application Swiftkey (process com.touchtype.swiftkey) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Close...

I hit Force Close, then open up Handcent and it's there working fine.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I am not having any issues with it. Workds great on my Moto Droid running 2.2 Froyo BB v0.4.

Swyping is still more fun to do, but this is much faster and efficient. Making SwiftKey my primary Keyboard now!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still get the swiftkey error on boot but I would imagine when they release it into the market next week I will uninstall and it will be fine.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I still get the swiftkey error on boot but I would imagine when they release it into the market next week I will uninstall and it will be fine.

Were you in the previous SwiftKey beta? If so, did you uninstall the previous version before installing this new one? Other than that, I don't know what is causing the problem. It's working fine for most of us. Good luck!