Download from Google Docs

azbutch

Reaction score
I have numerous files on Google Documents and bring them up frequently. However, there is one spreadsheet that I would like to download to my phone so I could have access to it when I have no internet connection. How can I do this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
azbutch

fryhtaning

Reaction score
I have numerous files on Google Documents and bring them up frequently. However, there is one spreadsheet that I would like to download to my phone so I could have access to it when I have no internet connection. How can I do this?
azbutch

I use Documents To Go. It's pricey, but it's worth every penny if you use it often enough. It can read Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and PDF files from your SD card, and it can also read all of your Google Docs directly from your account (online) and save them locally (for offline).

If it's just to read a couple of files that you'll manage manually, the Free version of Documents to Go will only read local files. You can't create them, edit them, or load them from GDocs. So you can just load it onto your SD card as needed and take it with you for read-only purposes.

magnus

Reaction score
azbutch

I use Documents To Go. It's pricey, but it's worth every penny if you use it often enough. It can read Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and PDF files from your SD card, and it can also read all of your Google Docs directly from your account (online) and save them locally (for offline).

If it's just to read a couple of files that you'll manage manually, the Free version of Documents to Go will only read local files. You can't create them, edit them, or load them from GDocs. So you can just load it onto your SD card as needed and take it with you for read-only purposes.

+1 Everything he said. It's the best way

OP
A

azbutch

Reaction score
Thank you both for taking the time to respond. In the meantime, I came across Awsome Drop. It is free and it allows me to download files from my PC to my Incredible. I then read them in Quickoffice. Can't modify them, but that isn't a requirement of mine.
Thanks again,
azbutch

P.S. If you are interested in a review... http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/22/android-app-review-awesome-drop/

Last edited: