[Download] Cut the Rope for Android

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
don't fear the download helper

Is Getjar legit? Why isn't it in the Marketplace? I went to download it and it wants to install a "Download Helper" first which asks for lots of permissions. After installing that, it will downalod the game, again asking for lots of permissions, including personal information. Why would a simple game need all these permissions?

Can't speak for the game when it comes to permissions but as far as the download helper goes, I believe it is useful in eliminating incompatible games from your phone.

I came to this conclusion because I used the download helper (GetJar app) to take me to the mobile GetJar site and I was going to bookmark it so that I could just delete the download helper, but I noticed in the default bookmark name that it included the words "Search HTC Thunderbolt Apps". Seeing that in the bookmark name has convinced me that the GetJar app helps identify compatible games for our devices. We don't have to use the download helper, but I believe it just makes things run smoother.

For those of us who are rooted and fear the GetJar download helper, we can always freeze it with Titanium Backup after we use it.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
needs improvement

Cut the Rope does not play well with my Droid A855. It's extremely laggy; so much so that several times during the game I would see the force close prompt asking me if I wanted to FC the app or wait for it to start responding again. It seems they over did it on the graphics and the Droid cpu/gpu just can't handle the load. Fairly straight forward and simple game, not something I'd play very often. I prefer 3D Pool Master; it runs great on the OG Droid.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Cut the Rope does not play well with my Droid A855. It's extremely laggy; so much so that several times during the game I would see the force close prompt asking me if I wanted to FC the app or wait for it to start responding again. It seems they over did it on the graphics and the Droid cpu/gpu just can't handle the load. Fairly straight forward and simple game, not something I'd play very often. I prefer 3D Pool Master; it runs great on the OG Droid.

I tried it out on a off brand Android tablet and it was super laggy despite the 1GHz processor under the hood. I believe it is a hardware issue, more specifically the graphics chipset.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It runs great on my Xoom, haven't even bothered on my D1

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
(1) Viewsonic gTab (Tegra2 dual @ 1GHz): plays smoothly, no lag or FC/wait issues

(2) OG Droid: SetCPU at 800MHz max it's not really playable--very laggy and the FC/wait option a lot. However, when I moved SetCPU to 1000MHz max + "performance" scaling (governor) it was fairly playable--still a little laggy, but mostly between levels. Gameplay itself was OK (not as good as the gTab though).

-Matt

PS Out of curiosity, I looked up "OG Droid", pretty funny answer:

What does OG Droid Mean? - Android - Stack Exchange

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Won't install on my X2.

OK, I'm an idiot. Installed and runs fine.

It is addictive, it's amazing how you can see the solution but can't quite get your timing right. Then the next level I'm lost for a bit.

Mavic

Reaction score
This game is simply epic. Thanks for sharing! Runs great on my X2 using Froyo (still :()

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Works flawlessly on my D2G, X and Xoom. Maybe graphics could be little better but hey...it works

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

TatDroid

Reaction score
I didn't even attempt to download this on my D1 (or "OG Droid...) It's getting toward the end of it's life and doesn't have enough memory left. But I WILL say it runs GREAT on my Asus Transformer tablet!

Conz

Reaction score
has everyone gotten the toy box update? Why cant i get this? It apparently came out last month, and i dont have it, nor can i update in the market.